Radio AERO CLASSIC ROCK (DUTCH)

Anybody out there who’s Dutch and can speak English . Many English people love AERO CLASSIC ROCK as it plays great music but this week I can’t seem to pick it up . It used to be on A.M 828 but I’ve got a feeling it might have changed to an F.M station but not being able to understand Dutch , I don’t know what the message is that they are broadcasting at the moment . Same message repeated over and over again . Can anybody give me an answer as to what has happened to the station .

B.K

Don’t you mean Arrow classic rock (that’s a great channel btw)…?

It could well be ARROW CLASSIC ROCK it sounds like AERO but with a Dutch accent it could well be ARROW . All I know is that I can’t pick it up at the moment and can’t understand the message that they are broadcasting at the moment . It looks like you enjoy the same type by the look of your avatar.

B.K

Call it your lucky day… :D… I just visited http://www.arrow.nl/ and guess what? They’ve got a new AM frequency: AM675

So I’m saying: happy listening!

Thanks alot . Will have to retune all my radios to the new frequency . Thanks for the info , just had a quick look at their website and can’t can’t understand that either , glad you could understand English .

:bow: B.K

Are they broadcasting all they way to the Brits? Geez!

I live on the East Coast of GB (East Anglia ) and pick it up fine .Was on holiday in Yorkshire ( still on the East Coast ) last year and picked it up their fine as well . In fact Yorkshire is a very hilly place and could pick up Arrow better than I could national RADIO 1 (don’t know why I wanted to listen to that s**t for though) .

B.K

netherlands rules the waves

http://www.arrow.nl/home/top.html#

you should be able to listen online also…but it doesn’t work at the moment

Hmm gotta agree with brk and Dee-ehn, that station rocks :slight_smile:

I’m just across the border (just!) in Norfolk. If you find BBC radio five live on 606 MW and give your dial a slight twist to one side, thats where I find AERO. Don’t know about FM but I’m sure I will one day! AERO is just like Radio Caroline was in the mid seventies… perhaps better?

i have a feeling this thread will get a visit from debro when he wakes up…

I found it O.K Trad ,its at 675 mw ,if you look when the original post started (over 3 yrs ago) :slight_smile: ,love the station ,the only complaint I have and most of the building site is ,they nearly always play the same songs day after day ,I know there’s only a certain amount of classic rock ,but its the same tracks from the same artists time after time , those artist played many classic tracks but Arrow repeats the same ones daily ,a little variation from those artists would be greatly welcomed , only place you can really hear this type of rock ,but just wish for a little more track variation , who cares if all the tracks weren’t hits ,I sure most of Arrows audience would know the songs anyway. :slight_smile:

What, stations on AM? You’re crazy!

Yes ,thats right ,675 mw/am and the signals as strong as hell , based on the East Coast of England so can’t speak for whole of UK ,but this side od country gets it well .Hell ,they don’t even put a.m on some radio’s these days :bigsmile:

Ok am totally a newbie

have been a regular listener to Dutch station Arrow and Veronica before that (says someting about my age !)
Question that I would like help with is - They play 2 versions of JJ Cale’s “[B]They call me the breeze”[/B] and one of them, the[U][I] live version[/I][/U] is they best that I’ve ever heard. Does anyone know who the artist is and where I can get a copy?

[QUOTE=XP2;1956546]Ok am totally a newbie

have been a regular listener to Dutch station Arrow and Veronica before that (says someting about my age !)
Question that I would like help with is - They play 2 versions of JJ Cale’s “[B]They call me the breeze”[/B] and one of them, the[U][I] live version[/I][/U] is they best that I’ve ever heard. Does anyone know who the artist is and where I can get a copy?[/QUOTE]
Hi XP2
as yours is the most recent post on Arrow I can find, any ideas what frequency the channel is on now? I still can’t find it!! :frowning:
I miss it and Chris Moyles makes me feel violent!! Help!!

http://www.arrow.nl/rock/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56