Racism alive and well

vbimport

GUY’S
After knocking those in the other thread who admire
BARRACK OBAMA as a god or something? Here I am having
to defend him again against more blatant racism. It just
shows us racism is still alive and well.
ZAP.:(:rolleyes:http://news.aol.com/main/obama-presidency/article/magic-negro-satire-rnc-candidate-says/287730

First why are you having to defend him? I’m sure the guy can defend himself if he feels he needs to.

SLAYERKING
I read your whole message and yeah I am for real. I am lookiong
at it as an independent. So when someone from either the democratic
or republican party uses racism to knock an opponent. Yeah it
bothers me. As for the other thread where mostly I have to say
dem’s are making out OBAMA to be their MESSIAH or something.
I on the other hand knock the guy on his qualifications. He’s
never governed,never even voted yes or no on most issues in the
senate. As a matter a fact he’s less qulaified then even GOVENOR PALIN
[WHICH WAS A CHARGE DEM SUPPORTING REPORTERS WERE ALWAYS
HARPING ON]. So that’s my point.
ZAP.:(:frowning:

I wonder why they didn’t mention the RNC candidates name? Hard to defend yourself against the nameless.

@zap em, it’s hard being independent. People just don’t get it.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2183955]I wonder why they didn’t mention the RNC candidates name? Hard to defend yourself against the nameless. [/QUOTE]

It’s there:iagree: Unless, of course, that’s just his KKK alias.:stuck_out_tongue:

There can be a bit of a double standard when it comes to humor. If SNL does satire it is usually thought of as being funny. When it comes from somewhere else it can be labeled racism. What do you think the left would have done if a Republican had authored this skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbEIZLxFyFA

Of course Racism is alive…
Just attend a soccer match in the European leagues (England, France, Germany, Spain…).
Racism is alive in the USA too, have you visited any High Schools in White suburbia (for instance Elmhurst, Illinois)?

[QUOTE=UTR;2183984]There can be a bit of a double standard when it comes to humor. If SNL does satire it is usually thought of as being funny. When it comes from somewhere else it can be labeled racism. What do you think the left would have done if a Republican had authored this skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbEIZLxFyFA[/QUOTE]

SNL built it’s reputation on comedy. For most of it’s tenure it’s been comedic, not so much in recent years.

This politician, no matter his affilliation, did not. This is no different than Don Imus calling the Women’s Rutgers basketball team a bunch of nappy-headed ho’s. Blatent racism. He should know better.

[QUOTE=camellote;2183997]Of course Racism is alive…
Just attend a soccer match in the European leagues (England, France, Germany, Spain…).
Racism is alive in the USA too, have you visited any High Schools in White suburbia (for instance Elmhurst, Illinois)?[/QUOTE]

It is not only alive in white schools. It is alive in ALL of them to some degree and it always will be.

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2183998]SNL built it’s reputation on comedy. For most of it’s tenure it’s been comedic, not so much in recent years.

This politician, no matter his affilliation, did not. This is no different than Don Imus calling the Women’s Rutgers basketball team a bunch of nappy-headed ho’s. Blatent racism. He should know better.[/QUOTE]

SNL has been at this kind of humor from the beginning. Remember the Gerald Ford skits from the mid 1970s? Many people build their reputations on their comedy skills. The guy that did the Obama piece has done many others in the same genre. Him stepping over the line is no different than SNL stepping over the line. The Repub guy might have used better judgment in using it in a political forum but condemning him as a racist is going too far, IMO. Remember some of the skits from “In Living Color”? That show was far from being politically correct and it was also funny as hell. I hardly ever missed it.

They do it to stir people up…to irritate, annoy, inflame.
It works.
They get to laugh their asses off.

Best ignored.

I have never met a person who is not racist to some degree. It usually occurs with the culture class. This may be racism based on fear or lack of understanding or knowledge. This racism is different from racism based on hate. “Magic Negro” is racism based on stupidity. The Republican party is really stupid these days, so likewise, one can expect stupid racism. It was not enough to destroy the economy, not the only thing left is the fabric of society. The Republican Party should be called the Entropy party, it fits. Obama can defend himself. In this case the best defense is no defense, lest he give legitimacy to the statement.

Why would anybody be surprised that racism exists. It will never be completely gone. It will sprout up in the next generation, or in someone who has been slighted and uses an incident as an excuse. Only realization of ones actions on a personal level will make a change. People act on a personal level when they have formed a large enough circle to to influence society is when the problem begins. When there is tacit approval of such stupid remarks. When people engage in “tit and tat” arguments, i.e, “suppose the democrats had said that”, blurs the racism and misses the point. If anyone anywhere had made that statement or remark they would be behaving in a racists manner. That being said, I must admit, I am a racist too. I have ever met a person who isn’t racist to some degree. We are just human after all. I try. That’s all we can do.

I wear pointy shoes to kill cockroaches in the corners. What race am I?:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2184077]I have never met a person who is not racist to some degree. It usually occurs with the culture class. This may be racism based on fear or lack of understanding or knowledge. This racism is different from racism based on hate. “Magic Negro” is racism based on stupidity. The Republican party is really stupid these days, so likewise, one can expect stupid racism. It was not enough to destroy the economy, not the only thing left is the fabric of society. The Republican Party should be called the Entropy party, it fits. Obama can defend himself. In this case the best defense is no defense, lest he give legitimacy to the statement.

Why would anybody be surprised that racism exists. It will never be completely gone. It will sprout up in the next generation, or in someone who has been slighted and uses an incident as an excuse. Only realization of ones actions on a personal level will make a change. People act on a personal level when they have formed a large enough circle to to influence society is when the problem begins. When there is tacit approval of such stupid remarks. When people engage in “tit and tat” arguments, i.e, “suppose the democrats had said that”, blurs the racism and misses the point. If anyone anywhere had made that statement or remark they would be behaving in a racists manner. That being said, I must admit, I am a racist too. I have ever met a person who isn’t racist to some degree. We are just human after all. I try. That’s all we can do.

I wear pointy shoes to kill cockroaches in the corners. What race am I?:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Folks,
There is no hate in the world unless you take a stand and, create
malicious action against you so called “hated person”. when you talk bad
about someone guess what you are doing? Your advertising him.
That’s all your doing. If someone doesn’t like you [B][I][U]PERIOD[/U][/I][/B]
he well nuke you off orbit and, you never saw the light and, day of it.
Now, that is a person in World of Warcraft, Pwned you bigtime!..:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2184077]It was not enough to destroy the economy, not the only thing left is the fabric of society. The Republican Party should be called the Entropy party, it fits. Obama can defend himself. In this case the best defense is no defense, lest he give legitimacy to the statement.[/QUOTE]

I blame nearly everyone in the Capital and White House for all this mess we are in today. It wasn’t Republicans alone. What really irks me about the Republicans is they are supposed to know better and did it anyway. I expect Democrats to screw things up through loose spending and regulating who gets money that doesn’t deserve it. It is to be expected. Especially since the days of Jimmy Carter. For the good of the country the Republican Party needs to get back to its conservative roots (those related to financial and small government issues and not those stupid morality laws) and the sooner they do it the better off we all will be for it.

As for the racism issue there are plenty of stupid politicians, period. Somehow the blacks in this country have let the Democratic Party brainwash them into blindly giving them their support. This has done nothing but hurt them as the Democrats continually take them for granted and the Republicans write them off as a useless political group. If the blacks actually voted in their best interest it wouldn’t be 90%+ for Democrats. They would split their vote more evenly and get influence in both political parties.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2184077]I wear pointy shoes to kill cockroaches in the corners. What race am I?:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

This just about made me fall out of my chair laughing!

If I could have gone back and edited my posts I would have added " /democrats".
@UTR, I am happy someone got that. Sometimes funny is funny. People do get overly sensitive.

How do you know if a ______ _____ has been swimming in your pool? Look for the oil slick. I have a ton of these.

Zathros, I know quite a few of them too but some might not appreciate the humor. Heck, I find white trash and cracker jokes just as funny as any other race based jokes. If I see a person sporting a serious mullet it is all I can do to keep from laughing out loud. One of the mullet jokes I can remember is that a mullet can be described as “all business in the front and a party in the back.”

[QUOTE=UTR;2184014]It is not only alive in white schools. It is alive in ALL of them to some degree and it always will be.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. My point was: Why should we act surprised by this?

This is what we face from an early age. In Chicago, campal battles between Latinos and Blacks are not uncommon in High Schools… and the issue is race and gang affiliation.
One of the most racist ad campaigns I have seen in the USA is the “Stop Black on Black Crime” campaign… in other words choose a victim wo is not Black.

[QUOTE=camellote;2184153]One of the most racist ad campaigns I have seen in the USA is the “Stop Black on Black Crime” campaign… in other words choose a victim wo is not Black.[/QUOTE]

Another one is “Hate Crimes” being prosecuted more vehemently when the crime is white on black. I guess crimes that are black on white or yellow on white, black on brown, white on white, black on black etc. aren’t quite as bad? Hate crime is hate crime and the sooner we ignore the colors involved the better off we ALL will be for it. The ironic thing is that these type of laws just further foment racism because one group is treated differently than another. Another example, IMO, is that Affirmative Action laws now create more racism then they prevent.

Moved to the Living room forum.

Please create these types of threads in the Living room in future.
Thanks. :flower:

there is discrimination on all fronts… race/religion/politics on a daily basis…its those people who choose to be ignorant and fill their lives with hatred who are missing out on a wealth of friendship/knowledge …:smiley:

there is tooo much hatred in this world…we need some love…:smiley:

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2184231]there is discrimination on all fronts… race/religion/politics on a daily basis…its those people who choose to be ignorant and fill their lives with hatred who are missing out on a wealth of friendship/knowledge …:D[/QUOTE]

I moved from the corn fields of the Midwest to the Washington, DC area after I graduated from college and have enjoyed the diversity of the population here. I lived a sheltered life in my small town and now have friends from numerous continents and countries. One of the best benefits I have garnered from this multinational circle of friends is the food you get exposed to. Arabic, South/Central American, oriental, European, Hindu cuisine that comes from the people that were born there is so much better than what you get from restaurants. Also, they can guide you to those restaurants that are the real deal for authentic food from their region of the world. I have found they are diverse in their politics, religion etc. and I enjoy discussing all sorts of topics with them. You are right in that people who shy away from interacting with people from different parts of the world are missing out on the many good things they have to offer us. Almost every immigrant I have become friends with has been kind, open minded and inquisitive. I think they have to be in order to pick up their lives and move to a country as diverse and distant as the USA.