R300 Time Bomb

vbimport

I found out last night that there is a hardware time-bomb on the r300----an error came up saying that some internal hardware in the printer was at the end of it’s life----now nothing work’s.
I can not believe this of Epson----is there a way round it-----the printer is only just over 12 month’s old.

Cheers.

JP.

Would that be the waste sponge? I see a lot of references to that posted around. Do a search for that and see what you come up with. There should be a way to reset that.

Chances are its the waste sponge. If your prepared to (simply) modify your printer so there’s an external waste bottle, resetting the counter is a simple job. More details here - http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=75966&forum_id=40

Sounds like the Warranty Switch had a malfunction. That model was supposed to self destruct much closer to the warranty expiring.

Thank You So Much
Went to Stevesforum as you suggested—carried out the fix regarding the waste ink pipe----now I am back up and running------first time I have used a forum for something like this----it’s a great feeling when help from someone like you really work’s.
Once again—a BIG THANK YOU

JP

Going to that post brought to my attention things I had no idea could happen and since I own 2 220s and 1 340 this was very helpful in an area I knew nothing about. Fascinating and helpful stuff. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be doning the mods as soon as the problem shows up if not before.