R280 CISS requires reseating of ink carts when low?

I bought a CISS system and put it in my R280 but when the ink reaches like 10% on the epson software monitor it requires me to take the cart out and put it back in… Am I doing something wrong?

[QUOTE=crspyjohn;2034786]I bought a CISS system and put it in my R280 but when the ink reaches like 10% on the epson software monitor it requires me to take the cart out and put it back in… Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Most of these systems use a chip that re-sets at around 3%-10%. Consult the maker of the system for specifics.

Well, the problem is the software shows like 10% left and says I need to change to anew cart and the only way I could do it is by taking the cart out and putting it in.

[QUOTE=crspyjohn;2034791]Well, the problem is the software shows like 10% left and says I need to change to anew cart and the only way I could do it is by taking the cart out and putting it in.[/QUOTE]

Can you be more specific about the error message? It will ask for a new tank, but keep printing until the tank is declared empty. If the chip re-sets at 3%, you would need to keep printing until it resets and disregard the message asking for a new tank. But the maker of the system is the place to go for answers. The Epson asks for new tanks long before they are empty, but it’s not really empty till it refuses to print.

Will you refill that tanks/cartridges or not?
If not, ONLY the EPSON software limits you.
Yu can deactivate the EPSON status monitor software anyway.

I’m not refilling the tanks because its a CISS? The error says it’s empty and requires new tanks, so I have to take the tank out and put it back in for it to work.

[QUOTE=crspyjohn;2035069]I’m not refilling the tanks because its a CISS? The error says it’s empty and requires new tanks, so I have to take the tank out and put it back in for it to work.[/QUOTE]

I’d still advise you to contact the maker of the system. I presume that power-cycling the printer doesn’t help? Sounds like the chip is resetting, but the printer isn’t recognizing it. Might be a quirk that’s peculiar to that printer.

If you have a good quality CIS then it should work without having to take the cartridge part out of the machine.

Got one running on a RX560 without any issues here, and never had to do anything except refill the ink tanks at the side of the printer.

[QUOTE=crspyjohn;2035069]I’m not refilling the tanks because its a CISS? The error says it’s empty and requires new tanks, so I have to take the tank out and put it back in for it to work.[/QUOTE]

My bad, overread the CIS info…