+R or -R (NEC ND-2500A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-2500A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have used only Verbatim DVD-R for 6 months to burn over 800 DVD’s. I have burned no coasters and the speed and quality is great.

Problem is, I ran out of disks and can get a really great buy on Verbatin DVD+R.

What is the diff. between these 2 media formats with my NEC ND 2500A burner.

Thanks for reading :smiley:

[QUOTE=iking;2156432][qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-2500A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have used only Verbatim DVD-R for 6 months to burn over 800 DVD’s. I have burned no coasters and the speed and quality is great.

Problem is, I ran out of disks and can get a really great buy on Verbatin DVD+R.

Thanks for reading :D[/QUOTE]

DVD+R/DVD-R what is the difference? Well, the answer is: There are both the
same except, some DVD Recorders are not compatible with DVD+R
E.g.: Panasonic/Pioneer (old models) DVD-R is your best option…
because all DVD Recorders/DVD Burners accept them. Some people
mention that, DVD+R are more reliable (Coughs, BS) both formats
are virtually identical in what they offer.

[QUOTE=]

Thanks for reading :smiley:
[/QUOTE]
yw, here to help…:flower:

Just to add when you use dvd+r media you will need to booktype to dvd-rom as some dvd players are unable to read +r media

OK, thanks for the help, maybe since all 800+ disks I have burned now are -R, I wll just wait for a great Verbatim deal/rebate to come along.

[QUOTE=iking;2156432][qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-2500A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have used only Verbatim DVD-R for 6 months to burn over 800 DVD’s. I have burned no coasters and the speed and quality is great.

Thanks for reading :D[/QUOTE]

I say go with DVD+R then booktype it to DVD-ROM for playback compatibility on standalone players. I had more luck in using DVD+R and booktype +R to -ROM so I switched to using only DVD+R or DVD+R DL and booktyping them to DVD-ROM.

Well, as far as my luck goes, over 800 burns with -R with zero coasters is great luck, that is why I ask, IYO, would you switch tp +R just to save 12 dollars?

Personally I’ve used both, but have a preference for the +Rs.

Both are excellent discs, as mentioned you may need to bitset the +R to DVD-ROM, for good compatibility with some standalone players, though.

So, if I were to reverse your question for my case - would I switch to -R just to save 12 dollars, the answer is yes. Verbatim make excellent DVD media, regardless of whether it’s - or +R. Coaster rate (or lack thereof) should be no different :wink:

Out of curiosity - what DVD burner do you have?

NEC ND 2500A.

It is about 3 1/2 years old but does the job everytime.

Haha, blonde moment - missed the drive model in the first post :doh:

NEC drives are pretty tolerant, mine likes both formats equally.

You shouldn’t have a problem with +R Verbies on that drive. :slight_smile:

Thanks, picked up some -R’s on eBay.

35.95 shipped for 100 but with the live.com cashback, brings them down to live 27.00

I still need 100 more. Know of any deals that would put them under 30.00?

[QUOTE=iking;2156693]Thanks, picked up some -R’s on eBay.

35.95 shipped for 100 but with the live.com cashback, brings them down to live 27.00

I still need 100 more. Know of any deals that would put them under 30.00?[/QUOTE]

Sony 100pk DVD-R/DVD+R for $22.98

Hi i am new Chicharron23
I found this deal i think is good

100 Verbatim 16x DVD+Rs for $18.49 Shipped After Rebate
Buy.com Price : $26.49
2. Rebate Price : -$8.00 ( Exp : 12/07/08 )
Final Price : $18.49 Shipped After Rebate
are made in India.

I’m looking for ligthscript also.:confused:
Any advised
thank you.

Verbatims are good but I never had any made in India mine have alway been MIT.

DVD-Rs may play on more older DVD players, DVD+Rs may last longer and for RWs and DL DVD+ maybe the better pick.

What is DL?

[QUOTE=iking;2157421]What is DL?[/QUOTE]

dual layer