+R DL Disc

Hi I was wondering if it was possible to burn at least 2 dvd movies (2hr apiece) on a dual layer disc simultaneously in imgburn? if so could anyone direct me with the step by step process.

Thanks

[QUOTE=sc1stewart;1950693]Hi I was wondering if it was possible to burn at least 2 dvd movies (2hr apiece) on a dual layer disc simultaneously in imgburn? if so could anyone direct me with the step by step process.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Don’t even try. Burn 1 after another, and only try with Verbatim DL.

There is no way you can burn 2 movies at the same time. If you want to combine 2 movies take a look at this Guide. As chef stated use Verbatim discs for the best quality burn.

I haven’t tried it with the DL’s but I have burned 2 disks at the same time with DVDFab. I am now gonna have to try it with ImgBurn at least once!:smiley:

I’m an idiot . You can burn two discs if you have 2 burners and the software supports it. I don’t see an edit button so i’m replying this way. Forgive my stupidity :o.

[QUOTE=sc1stewart;1950693]Hi I was wondering if it was possible to burn at least 2 dvd movies (2hr apiece) on a dual layer disc simultaneously in imgburn? if so could anyone direct me with the step by step process.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=THE C.;1950888]I haven’t tried it with the DL’s but I have burned 2 disks at the same time with DVDFab. I am now gonna have to try it with ImgBurn at least once!:D[/QUOTE]

I think the OP wants to burn 2 movies [B]simultaneously[/B] to a [B]single[/B] dual layer disc, ie., 1 movie to each layer… and not 2 movies simultaneously to [B]two[/B] DL discs…:eek:
Not sure how he figures to have the write laser focus to two different layers simultaneously, all the while writing separate data feeds.

Yes I think the original question is very ambiguous, and I suggest we wait for some clarification before attempting any more extrapolations (or self-chastisement)! :smiley:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;1950923]Yes I think the original question is very ambiguous, and I suggest we wait for some clarification before attempting any more extrapolations (or self-chastisement)! :D[/QUOTE]

Okay, sorry but I like to try new ideas and tricks. Got a little excited! :bigsmile:

Sorry let me clarify myself better, my question was, how to burn 2 or more dvd movies to a dl layer disc using imgburn? and I have another question can you burn more than one movie to a single layer disc using imgburn? Thanks for the guide I will check it out

[quote=maineman;1950918]I think the OP wants to burn 2 movies [B]simultaneously[/B] to a [B]single[/B] dual layer disc, ie., 1 movie to each layer… and not 2 movies simultaneously to [B]two[/B] DL discs…:eek:
Not sure how he figures to have the write laser focus to two different layers simultaneously, all the while writing separate data feeds.[/quote]

Yes, write 1 movie to each layer that is exactly what I want to do, Can you help me to do that in imgburn?

Thanks

Justmake sure both movies have the same sive, then Imgburn will give you the opportunity to chosse the best LB.

What is LB? I don’t understand, I basically just want to know the step process in burning more than one dvd movie to a DL disc using imburn?

Thanks

LB = “layer break” point pretty much… it’s the point at which the burner starts burning to the second layer etc.

@sc1stewart: If all you want to do is put two movies on a DL disc, then if they are DVD-Video specification (ie both in separate “VIDEO_TS” folders with .IFO, .BUP, and .VOB files inside), you will have to reauthor them together.

It is not necessary to put them individually on different layers since DVD-Video specification treats it all as one long surface of ~8.5 GB. Switching between the layers is handled by the DVD player and the effects are minimised by the burning software: which is why ImgBurn tries to help you choose a suitable point for the layer break.

In what state are these two movies at the moment:

[ol]
[li]On separate discs?[/li][li]copy protected?[/li][li]ISO files on hard disk?[/li][li]VIDEO_TS folders on hard disk?[/li][/ol]

If they are .avi files or something not based on DVD-Video, then please say so.