Quite fast degradation

vbimport

i have a couple of these TITEK low budget dvd media. so a couple of days ago i grabbed one and scanned it. wasn’t as bad as i thought.
(LAST PIC)

then today i tried reburn it but it stopped at 80% so i re-scanned it with a horrible result.
(PIC IN THE MIDDLE)

then i saw a fingerprint which i whiped off, ithought it might be like the very first scan again but though it wasn’t as bad as in the second scan still its much worse than it was a couple days ago.

so why did it degrade that fast ? the dvd was laying uncovered in the room (not like before stored )

Reburn :confused:

so why did it degrade that fast ? the dvd was laying uncovered in the room (not like before stored )

It just lay flat on the table. It didn’t had the pressure on the side ?

The words “low budget” and “YUDEN000 T02” do not go together. Are you sure the media you have is genuine Taiyo Yuden?

Also, how could the disk have a fingerprint? You don’t seem to know how to handle media or the print was already there, and if it was already there then this is most likely fake crap media.

Sold on Ebay?

[quote=negritude;2086234]The words “low budget” and “YUDEN000 T02” do not go together.
(…)
then this is most likely fake crap media.[/quote]:iagree: I agree with that. Fake crap.

Michael

[quote=torstn;2086164]so why did it degrade that fast ? the dvd was laying uncovered in the room (not like before stored )[/quote] Did it by any chance get direct sunlight through a window?

What do you mean “i tried reburn it”?

Titek = FAKe TY. Some folks used to make fun of them suggesting it was a fussion between Ritek and Taiyo Yuden. :smiley:

Personally I can’t make heads or tails from the OP’s post.
Reburn a disc? :confused:
Laying uncovered in the room? :confused:

Whatever, as previously said, crap in => crap out, Titek is crap fake el-cheapo stuff, don’t bother trying to understand what goes wrong with it: it will go wrong anyway. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=memberix;2086484]What do you mean “i tried reburn it”?[/QUOTE]

He probably tried to copy the data from Titek disc and burn it to some blank medium.

to clear things up a little :

those titek discs are maybe 2 years old. so i checked some of them randomly to see how the scans are.
I BOUGHT THE TITEK BEFORE I KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT SCANS , VERBS etc i thought every blank media is the same back then (like 3 yrs ago) so don’t bash me

i know they are crap anyway. i will re-burn all those TITEKS i have

just that it degraded THAT fast was weird i thought

i will keep my dvds not out in the open from now on (even though i think i did not have DIRECT sunlight)

It could be warping or general unstable dye. Some dyes can degrade over months easilly. (interaxia)

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2095029]It could be warping or general unstable dye. Some dyes can degrade over months easilly. (interaxia)[/QUOTE]

Interaxia? Sometimes even in days :bigsmile:, like my Vanguard DVD-Rs :a:doh: