Quick Summary for New Features

vbimport

All,

Despicable C
The long-awaited day has finally arrived when DVDFab can offer you relief from the annoying watermarking protection known as Cinavia. This built-in solution from the DVDFab labs is seamlessly integrated with the BD Copy and Ripper modules in DVDFab (currently), is very easy to use and only adds a few minutes* (10-15) to processing time in Blu-ray Copy. It will be improved and expanded as development continues. You can find a list of currently supported Blu-ray titles here[COLOR=Black] on the Reference Lists tab along with lots of other detailed information. New titles are added frequently, so check often. Is it free? Unfortunately not, the development and support costs for this process are high, so it must be sold as a new Module. You can use it now in trial mode at no charge or purchase it for US$69 (1 year) or $99 for Lifetime.

Speed Demon
DVDFab and Nvidia now bring you an incredible increase in speed and quality for your conversions in Ripper and Converter with the addition of CUDA support for h265/HEVC in DVDFab. It is about 30X faster than CUDA h264** and delivers great images and reasonable file sizes. The improvements require either a GTX 960, 970 or 980 (or the M laptop versions) and the latest driver. It is part of DVDFab v9.2.2.1 Beta or later at no additional charge.

Feedback and questions
If you have questions after reading the linked resources in the release notes or would like to offer feedback on either feature, please post it in this thread. Please report any problems you encounter.

*this can vary depending on several factors
**depends on your current equipment
[/COLOR]

We will of course be brought up to date as more Cinavia titles are added to the list. No one told me this, I am just assuming. :iagree:

A fairly paltry list of supported titles.

It all goes to show what I have always said, spend a year protecting whatever you like and it will take a seasoned pirate a fourthnight at the very maximum to crack it.
I am not anyone in the scene of DVDs as I am all about music and programs/general computing, but as long as you want to show your signal on the screen, it alll boils down to scanlines, crypting and finally math…Do you feel lucky? DON’T, IT WILL ALWAYS BRING YOU DOWN!

I hope it will make it into Passkey as well (I’m in no hurry though as I only use it for DVD/blu-ray audio).

[QUOTE=CDan;2765307]A fairly paltry list of supported titles.[/QUOTE]

That can quickly change …I’m pretty sure the Fab team will release title after title now that they’ve found out how to break that Cinavia pest.:iagree:

BTW,an interesting read over @ their promo page :

Our Solution

DVDFab is proud to present CinaviaRemoval HD, the first High Quality solution for removing the Cinavia watermark from audio tracks of a disc, thus removing the protection alltoghether (see above element (A) of the protection).

It works by repairing the audio track, to take it back to original Master quality before the watermark was added to it. For this, a fix pack is downloaded from our server. The operation is automatic, the user only needs to specify that Cinavia should be removed, please refer to this page for details of operation. Using a broadband Internet connection, there should be no added time to normal backup time, the disc reading speed still being the most important factor.

Because of the lossless operation, the restore can be perfect, 100% match of the original audio data, therefore making sure that there can be no watermark traces left in, that an updated detector can hang on – it’s future proof.

Another thing to consider is that the available track on the protected disc is not trully lossless. Indeed, the watermark inclusion was subtle, not noticeable for most, but the advertised quality – original HD master – is not there. Technicaly, the sound was distorted and in a direct comparison audio listening session one can distictly hear the watermark-related alteration. In a future release, we will provide a function to help the user compare original and watermarked audio side by side and hear the difference. For now, here’s a sample file for you to download. Please listen to it using a pair of headphones in order to hear the watermark-asociated distorsion more clearly (Left ear is the watermark mix, right ear is the clean mix).

I think this approach is the only 1 we will get to defeat Cinavia,but it’s probably not the solution which audiophiles hoped for…as the original audio signal is not lossless either.

There will be many and frequent updates. There is a link in my post to the titles list as of 22 December 2015. Check it often. Also will try to get it moved to a more accessible spot.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2765310]I think this approach is the only 1 we will get to defeat Cinavia,but it’s probably not the solution which audiophiles hoped for…as the original audio signal is not lossless either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, it is highly appreciated… from a true audophile.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2765313]Thanks for the info, it is highly appreciated… from a true audophile.[/QUOTE]

YW…:slight_smile:
As you read in the quote,the ‘original’ audio file is already mutulated,so hoping for a clean Cinavia-free lossless DTS HD audiobackup is something which won’t likely happen,as the DTS-HD format itself allows cheating :

Mmm, no thanks $99 is just over £66 at the moment, far too expensive for something I’d probably never use. There are so many cheap second hand Blu-ray movies around these days and they are so tough compared to DVDs I can’t see the point in backing them up. Even a clumsy git like me hasn’t managed to ruin one yet.
But saying that, well done to the DVDFab guys for cracking a bloody nuance to a lot of people and a smack in the eye to sony with a small “s”

Will this work for DVDs that have the Cinavia protection?

Not at present, but this is under development.

[B]Attention DVDFab All-In-One Lifetime license holders:
[/B]
Existing customers with All-In-One Lifetime license will be able to purchase the new module at 50% discount but only for the next 30 days. The method of delivering the discount will be announced later. The new module will be included in All-In-One going forward.

Signals so if I go ahead and purchase the AIO dvdfab say today the new module will be included in the purchase for Cinavia module?
They have a special is why I was asking I have already bought lifetime for most of the AIO but I may entertain just purchasing a new license if this is the case.

Thank you,

ILLP:)

[QUOTE=mikemc0730;2765316]Will this work for DVDs that have the Cinavia protection?[/QUOTE]

it seems the solution only works on Blu-rays

[QUOTE=signals;2765330]The new module will be included in All-In-One going forward.[/QUOTE]

Is this official already? I haven’t been able to find anything on their site confirming this, and I want to make sure that this new feature is included in the all-in-one bundle before I pull the trigger.

[QUOTE=BeSptjo;2765338]it seems the solution only works on Blu-rays[/QUOTE]

Will be available for dvd’s too in the near future :

[B]Also DVDs and lossy tracks on Blu-rays will be supported, but they need extra testing to ensure removal, so they’re scheduled for future release.[/B]

source : http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html

Hi All
Re: Inclusion in AIO (All-In-One)
It is my understanding that it is included, but I will try to verify whether a purchase made today (or tomorrow, or whenever) will include it, since it is technically still a Beta version.

[QUOTE=signals;2765364]Hi All
Re: Inclusion in AIO (All-In-One)
It is my understanding that it is included, but I will try to verify whether a purchase made today (or tomorrow, or whenever) will include it, since it is technically still a Beta version.[/QUOTE]Thank you Signals:)

You are welcome!

The discount for existing All-In-One Lifetime license holders is being distributed by email, so watch for it to claim your discount.

This is a really excellent development!

Great to see there’s been progress on this front and that DVDFab now has it’s own solution.

There may less titles than people would perhaps like to see ATM but I’m sure the team will be increasing this rapidly.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It is included.

[QUOTE=jhamdotme;2765342]Is this official already? I haven’t been able to find anything on their site confirming this, and I want to make sure that this new feature is included in the all-in-one bundle before I pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]