Quick questions

i havent read up on protections and software to back up cds, so here goes my question:

if i want to backup a safedisk 2 game, can i use clonecd with amplify weak sectors on only? or do i need betablocker/cd-mate? and what is betablocker/cd-mate.

whats this atip ive seen, i havent found an explanation yet.

i use a Plextor 12/10/32A.
if this has been answered 100 times before, i apologize.

any help is appreciated.

p.s. with AvP2 i think it is Securom new. What settings should i use in CloneCD

i havent read up on protections and software to back up cds
Download this & read it at an early opportunity.
if i want to backup a safedisk 2 game, can i use clonecd with amplify weak sectors on only?
Yes, but use Fast Error Skip for the read - lots of errors up to sector 10K
or do i need betablocker/cd-mate? and what is betablocker/cd-mate.
Betablockers were designed for the Plex but the image still has to be dumped first by your fav dumping proggy such as CCD. Patching is another process done after reading but before burning. Go to gamecopyworld.com for more info. CDMate is a competing product, in its infancy, it’s slower & klunkier, but give it a go.
whats this atip ive seen, i havent found an explanation yet.
Look here and here
p.s. with AvP2 i think it is Securom new. What settings should i use in CloneCD
I recommend a Liteon LTD-163 DVD-ROM or a Toshiba SD-M1402/1502 DVD-ROM as a reader. The settings are here, remember to add AWS for a SD2 burn. Your SecuROM backups may fail due to no sub reading ability on your Plex; it’s hit & miss with your model.

Some primers & good info:

Chip
Andy
Daemon
protections explained
titles

im sorry, im not sure if you answered this but if i use the plextor 12/10A do i still need to use betablocker if i got the aws and fast error skip settings turned on, or can i just do it without it?

the only other drive is a toshiba sd-m1212 dvd-rom. would this be the better to use to read sd2 or securom new, or even both games?

thank you for the help. i appreciate it.

Originally posted by frailimbnursry
im sorry, im not sure if you answered this but if i use the plextor 12/10A do i still need to use betablocker if i got the aws and fast error skip settings turned on, or can i just do it without it?
No don’t use BetaBlocker. Only use the AWS function… So, remember; only use one of the two when dealing with SafeDisc 2 and a incompatible SD2 writer. If you have a good writer (eg. Plextor PX-W2410A) you could do it without both ‘tools’. For the PX-W1210A only use AWS.

the only other drive is a toshiba sd-m1212 dvd-rom. would this be the better to use to read sd2 or securom new, or even both games?
It’s a good reader but the Plextor is too. Wouldn’t make a difference… Both can read SafeDisc 2 and SecuRom (new).

i thought i read somewhere that the plextor 12/10 is a bit iffy when it comes to subchannel and securom new. was that true, or am i all set?

Not to my knowledge… I have the same drive and SecuRom (new) is no problem here. I can also copy PSX (SubChannel Data) just fine.

i thought i read somewhere that the plextor 12/10 is a bit iffy when it comes to subchannel and securom new. was that true, or am i all set?

If you have one of the rare models which won’t read subchannel data, don’t worry. Forget the subchannel data, enable “Hide CDR Media” in CloneCD Tray when you use your copy and be happy.