Quick Question

ok, so I recently bought a Sony DW-D18A. Ive searched the forum, found how to update the firmware to the LiteOn 832S. I would like to thank you guys for that information so far. Now, the drive registers as the LiteOn, but I cant play DVDs. Do I need Drivers or just a program like maybe Nero or something? Previously, I used to always use WMP for everything and never used DVDs. Ive tried to find drivers for such a device but have found none. I take it I dont need drivers. What do I need to do in order to play DVDs. It says I dont have any Codecs for the rom.

Thanks Again guys.

You need to have a true Software DVD Player installed like PowerDVD or WinDVD.

Sweet, thanks buddy.

Or you could grab the open source Media Player Classic.

Or VideoLAN or there are other ways of getting a DVD Decoder installed such as with the Mega Codec Pack, but why confuse a newbie?

Nothing confusing about MPC - no codecs to install or anything. Just load a single executable and go. What could be more simple than that?

I would never inflict an all-in-one codec pack on a newbie - I hate them all. From a definitely-not-a-newbie perspective, I like controlling exactly what goes on my system and those garbage fests dump all kinds of unwanted and unnecessary codecs a machine. Just my personal opinion.

Cheers!