Quick question about flashing to new f/w

the liteonit.com website doesn’t say anywhere to back up your f/w and it says that once you go forward you can’t go back… i can use the ltnflash utility to back up the firmware i currently have right? all i have to do is go to the eeprom tab and read/save the data right? just in case something goes wrong while flashing… i’d much appreciate it if i got an actual reply and not some post telling me to do a search. because it’d be a waste to just reply with a flame about being lazy, instead of a simple “yes” or “no”…

Originally posted by tekz0r
a simple “yes” or “no”…

(Y/N?) Y

Originally posted by tekz0r
the liteonit.com website doesn’t say anywhere to back up your f/w and it says that once you go forward you can’t go back… i can use the ltnflash utility to back up the firmware i currently have right? all i have to do is go to the eeprom tab and read/save the data right? just in case something goes wrong while flashing… i’d much appreciate it if i got an actual reply and not some post telling me to do a search. because it’d be a waste to just reply with a flame about being lazy, instead of a simple “yes” or “no”…

Actually that would backup your EEPROM (a 1 KB file).
To backup firmware select the Flash tab > then backup button > Then browse where you want to save it and name it something appropriate (ie FS0E.mybackup) > Click go.

It’s not a bad idea to have a backup of firmware and EEPROM. I just wanted to let you know the EEPROM tab is different and isn’t the same thing as firmware.

Oh and read this.