Originally posted by dr.pauli
[B]Try burning at 1X. I have seen MANY times the symptoms you have, they are caused by a bad burn. I know, the burner does 2X and you want to use it, but I bet you will "fix" it by slower burns.
BTW - I recently read somewhere that is NO SUCH THING as 2X media for a -R burner, it is only "select/high quality" 1X media. Get a certified 4X blank and it will probably work fine at 2X. [/B]
I know thta burning at 1 speed fixes this problem but I just found out that I'm able to write 2 speed to a ViVastar DVD-RW with no problems what so ever so I guess it's a media issue.
And currently I'm looking for a good dvd-r media which has :
- 4.7 GB storage capacity
- which has been verified that it supports 2x speed burning on my Pioneer A04.
- which comes in a dvdbox (i hate the slim case or spindle ones because then I have to but them seperatly)
- and the main demand : isn't to expensive.
Please bare in mind i live in the Netherlands so importing them isn't a real option for me because I :
- Don't have a credit card or so.
- My parents don't trust in buying things from the web
- The fact that it's an import makes it much more expensive (I've asked around and importing a spindle would cost me 50 Euros to ship from US to my place , and I don't like that)
So if anybody knows a good dvd-r 4,7Gb 2x speed which isn't too pricy let me know please.
Thanks a lot in advance.