Quick Question about DVD-media

vbimport

I’m having Problems with my Nashua DVD-R discs on a Pioneer A04. They seem to be burned ok but when played on a stand alone they hang at a certain chapther which differs on each movie.

BTW I burn with Nero 5.5.10.15 , and I’m considering buying Princo 2X Media is it any good or what ???

I love Nero. It’s my favorite burning app. But I’ve had endless problems with it to the point I don’t even bother with it for DVD unless it’s a generic data DVD. After burning with Nero and playing in the DVD player, I had the same chapter hang problem and it would distort widescreen images by stretching them to full screen. (Actually it was failing to letterbox anamorphic DVDs but the visual result was the same). It bothers me because I’m a Nero lover but damn… Screw it.

DVDCopyBoy,

Are you doing full movie mode… I have a problem with movies hanging and that is due to the layer break…Dvd2one in full movie mode does not remove the layer break.

Well I’m burning Movie only.
But about Princo 2 Speed is it any good for Pioneer A04.

Try burning at 1X. I have seen MANY times the symptoms you have, they are caused by a bad burn. I know, the burner does 2X and you want to use it, but I bet you will “fix” it by slower burns.

BTW - I recently read somewhere that is NO SUCH THING as 2X media for a -R burner, it is only “select/high quality” 1X media. Get a certified 4X blank and it will probably work fine at 2X.

I am using Nero 5.5.9.17… with no problems since I have been using dvd2one

Originally posted by dr.pauli
[B]Try burning at 1X. I have seen MANY times the symptoms you have, they are caused by a bad burn. I know, the burner does 2X and you want to use it, but I bet you will “fix” it by slower burns.

BTW - I recently read somewhere that is NO SUCH THING as 2X media for a -R burner, it is only “select/high quality” 1X media. Get a certified 4X blank and it will probably work fine at 2X. [/B]

I know thta burning at 1 speed fixes this problem but I just found out that I’m able to write 2 speed to a ViVastar DVD-RW with no problems what so ever so I guess it’s a media issue.

And currently I’m looking for a good dvd-r media which has :

• 4.7 GB storage capacity
  • which has been verified that it supports 2x speed burning on my Pioneer A04.
  • which comes in a dvdbox (i hate the slim case or spindle ones because then I have to but them seperatly)
  • and the main demand : isn’t to expensive.

Please bare in mind i live in the Netherlands so importing them isn’t a real option for me because I :

• Don’t have a credit card or so.
  • My parents don’t trust in buying things from the web
  • The fact that it’s an import makes it much more expensive (I’ve asked around and importing a spindle would cost me 50 Euros to ship from US to my place , and I don’t like that)

So if anybody knows a good dvd-r 4,7Gb 2x speed which isn’t too pricy let me know please.

Thanks a lot in advance.

So does anybody know if Princo (2speed) is a decent medium , and that it works on the Pioneer A04 ?

Or do you now any other good working/verified 2x speed mediums for the Pioneer A04.

Any help would be appreciated.

If anybody has an opinion on the Princo 2X disks can you type up a quick reply? :slight_smile: I’d also like to know if Princo disks are any good for burning at their rated 2X speed (i.e. Very few coasters and plays well in stand alones). I’m thinking of buying a spindle of the none jewel cased ones and would like to know if they are worth it, or pay the extra for 4X and burn them at 4X (I have a Pioneer A05)? I’ve done a search and opinion seems to be varied, but it isn’t clear if people are talking about 1X media, or 2X media?
Any opinion at all, one way or the other about the 2X disks would be great! :smiley:

I use these with my Pioneer 105 and have never had an issue. I backup movies and PS2 games and have made no coasters to date. I use DVDDecrypter with DVD2one and Copytodvd for movies and RecordNowMax for games. I use only PS2 to playback DVDs. But I have loaned a few flicks to various friends and have yet to encounter a standalone that does not play them perfectly. So- do I suggest them- YES- they are cheap and quality made.

The word is that while in the past their quality has been variable, they have now recognised the damage done to their name and the very latest discs are said to be much improved.
Whether that means they are as usable as Ritek, say, probably depends on how tolerant the equipment is you play them on. They are certainly cheaper!

-Pete

DvdCopyboy

I use Traxfata (Ritek) disks at 2 x on my A04, with no problems.

The only thing is, you must have Firmware Vers.1.31, otherwise you are limited to 1 X. There are lots of firmware versions around, but the original Vers. 1.31 definitely works well with Traxdata’s.

Not sure if you can get them in cases though, I usually buy spindles of 25.

Hope this helps.

“BrianLee” & “Peter McCall”

Thanks for the reply!
Thats pretty much what I was starting to think. The old Princo 1X were bad (or at least not great!), but the newer disk are an improvment (though maybe not quite as good as the Ritek disks, but not as expensive either). :bigsmile:

Thanks for the responses and I’ll look into them and see what they go for in the Netherlands.

I had no luck with a spindle of 25 2x Princo’s with my pioneer 105 burner. Would burn at 2x but freezes, pixellation etc near end of disc burned with Prassi Primo DVD. Could get a decent burn at 1x speed if I kept size below 4gig total on the disc. Ritek G04 4x burn full disc at 4x with no problems for me.

I had the same problem with my nashua dvds
i switcht media and all problems solved, now i use thats write dvd media

Don’t use nashua dvds for burning dvd movies
most of the time you get coastersor freezings on the end of the movie…i did a lot of research on this
and it’s 100% a media problem from nashua
just use thats write.i can guarantee that that solves all of your problems

I have a A04 with firmware 1.40 and have found PRINCO to be complete crap. I totally refuse to purchase any more. On the other hand I have found that RITEK x2 are the best, not one problem.

Is it any good for Pioneer A04 ?

Traxdata DVD-R 4.7 GB 2 speed.
(Price 3 euro)

You should never ever buy TraxData 2x discs! If you do, you risk getting Vivastar crap, instead of Ritek (I once got 20 of them, 2 failed at 1x speed)!

Maxell and verbatim 2x discs are available at 2,60 / 2,70 here.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]You should never ever buy TraxData 2x discs! If you do, you risk getting Vivastar crap, instead of Ritek (I once got 20 of them, 2 failed at 1x speed)!

Maxell and verbatim 2x discs are available at 2,60 / 2,70 here. [/B]

Have to disagree here.

I have used 200 Traxdata and have NEVER had a coaster, on the A04. These are one of the most reliable Riteks around, at a reasonable price. I have also confirmation that these play on a wide range of standalone players, making them very compatible.

You must have the original Firmware 1.31 though, if burning at 2 X.