Quick opinions LiteOn 851s or NEC 2500a?

vbimport

If this is not the proper place for this thread I apologize. I have a friend who is ready to buy a burner and the place he is buying from has both the LiteOn 851s and the NEC 2500a. I seem to see these names a lot in the forums here and wanted to know if some of you could give a compare and contrast of these two drives? Also comparing their “tweakability” would be great.

Thanks,
Jesse

In most cases, the 812S is only slightly more expensive than the 851S, and is a slightly better drive. I would recommend that instead of the 851S. Although the 851S drive is pretty good, too (it’s my favorite drive for +R and I use it for most of my burning :)).

Anyway, regarding 812S/851S vs. 2500A…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=97482

There’s nothing wrong with the place, except for it’s a little biased towards Liteon drives :slight_smile: In order to get accurate results you need to ask the same question in the NEC forum, and then compare the answers. LOL

Or just read the thread that I pointed to. :wink: That thread was in the general hardware forum, so it’s more neutral.

I have a 2500a and 812s, both work great and I recommend either drive. But the liteon can be used for Kprobe scans.