Quick Firmware Flash Question

vbimport

My dvr-109xlc1 is firmware 1.5, now before flashing to 1.57 should i flash it to 1.55 first then flash it to 1.57 or is it ok to go straight to 1.57 ?

I have both 1.55 and 1.57 on my hdd. Forgot to flash to 1.55.

Hi :slight_smile:

You can flash 1.57 without the need to use 1.55 I have done with no problems arising

every new version includes changes of the previous so there is no need to upgrade from older to newer just use newest

The only time you may need a previous version is if the kernel is not included with the newer version and the kernel has changed since your current version. This is not the case with v1.57. The kernel file for it is included.

Enjoy your 109 crossflashed unit! A real bargain for those of us that have it up and working! Nice burner!

OK cheers guys… oh i never cross flashed my drive. Its just a dvr-109xlc1, has a silver front and honycomb chassis.

Doesn’t the xlc use the A09 firmware, actually?

:cop: YES it does!
http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/content/support/support/software.html

Pay attention, don’t flash your unit with the regular 109 firmware… use the “RA09_FW157EU.exe” one…!

Francksoy has a point! Check your read speed at let us know for DL DVD.

I have got the correct firmware, i already know not to use the standard 109 firmware. DL Read speed,as in making a image ? i use my toshiba drive for that normaly

For ripping or making an image, one of them choices.

Just flashed the drive and created a iso image with dvd decrypter, it started of at about X3.2 and went up to around X7.6, then half way through it drops back to X3.2 then starts to go slowly back up.

“Just flashed the drive and created a iso image with dvd decrypter, it started of at about X3.2 and went up to around X7.6, then half way through it drops back to X3.2 then starts to go slowly back up.”

The A09 firmwares limit the reading speed @8X by default. You need to run the QuietDrive utility and remove the 8X limit. :wink:

Is there really such a thing? :smiley:

:cool: Sure! Should I flash? Yes! LOL :iagree: :clap: :bow: