Questions

vbimport

Hi.

New to this forum, but I have questions. I want to be able to make a backup copy of my Heroes 4 disk 2. I have a TDK 32/10/40 and a Phillips 8/4/32 and a Creative Labs 52X.

I have the latest Clone CD and I can't seem to get anything done. The CD appears to burn well enough, but won't play the game. I have also tried the Hide CDR function and that doesn't help. When I try to copy I choose Safe Disk 2 AWS selection. Could anyone offer suggestions or is it hopeless for me? :>

Finder
:cool:

well i think it is not possible for u to make a perfect backup using your tdk writer since it dont look like it supports correct efm encoding.

if this game uses safe disk v2 protection which you say it does then i think you aint got a chance even with AWS enabled because on clone cd’s website on the tdk cupported writer section all of the tdk cd-rw drives there dont even support correct efm encoding at all.

also about your phillips drive go and check clone cd’s website on the supported writers section and check your model and see if it has 0 or 1 cow there if it has 1 in the correct efm encoding part then u might have a small chance of making a backup with AWS ENABLED, if there are NO cows then u plain and simply cant do it with these writers.

if it has 1 cow there use clone cd’s default read and write settings.
also check tha close last session and read and write @ 4x, but leave everything else default.

good luck :slight_smile:

dude it depends on the model of your tdk writer is it a 32/10/40x or other. i had the tdk 16/10/40x and it was a rebadged sanyo so i’d say if it is the x model its a sanyo

one of them is a rebadged lite-on (this will copy sd2) the other is sanyo (this wont)

Originally posted by NBR
[B]well i think it is not possible for u to make a perfect backup using your tdk writer since it dont look like it supports correct efm encoding.

if this game uses safe disk v2 protection which you say it does then i think you aint got a chance even with AWS enabled because on clone cd’s website on the tdk cupported writer section all of the tdk cd-rw drives there dont even support correct efm encoding at all.

also about your phillips drive go and check clone cd’s website on the supported writers section and check your model and see if it has 0 or 1 cow there if it has 1 in the correct efm encoding part then u might have a small chance of making a backup with AWS ENABLED, if there are NO cows then u plain and simply cant do it with these writers.

if it has 1 cow there use clone cd’s default read and write settings.
also check tha close last session and read and write @ 4x, but leave everything else default.

good luck :slight_smile: [/B]

Hello NBR,

our “supp-writers-list” has a big “hole” at TDK, 'cause TDK don’t want to sent us samples and so we have no chance to test latest (16x/24X/32X) TDK drives with latest CloneCD versions.
We have to wait for the users feedback, they can use the “sent a E-mail about device” function in CCD to give us a short review of the capabilities of their non listed or listed drives; but if nobody uses this funktion there will always be “holes” in our list.

Regards, sven

40x TDK distributed in Australia/NZ/Asia

Yes to SD2 <2.51.021 with AWS

No-go for >.020 (MOHA, SS:SE etc)

Tested by me for TDK Australia!

:slight_smile: Thanks alot for the info. I’ll see what happens.

Finder