Questions

Hi All,

I have 3 questions.

1. Can someone please provide me with the information regarding what protections does the Plextor 2410A can backup easily and which protections it cannot?

2. What is the most common setting to be kept in Clone CD so that any game regardless of the protections like Safedisk, Cd-Cops etc. can be backed up without any problems?

3. Which are the protections that are a real pain in the @$$ and also need time and effort to back up?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thx,
Aquarius. :cool:

as far as I know the only protection the plextor 2410A cant copy is safedisk 2 version 2.51 everything else it can copy easily
and for each protection theres different options

Originally posted by Aquarius

1. Can someone please provide me with the information regarding what protections does the Plextor 2410A can backup easily and which protections it cannot?
    Like oaky said the latest SafeDisc 2 version is a real pain. Other protections shouldn’t be a problem.

2. What is the most common setting to be kept in Clone CD so that any game regardless of the protections like Safedisk, Cd-Cops etc. can be backed up without any problems?
There no one option to guarantee a successful back-up, sorry. I would say the most common setting is Fast Error Skip since SafeDisc (2) is the most common protection. Reading the Subs is a good idea but mostly unneeded.

3. Which are the protections that are a real pain in the @$$ and also need time and effort to back up?
I would say LaserLock (takes ages to read with a lot of drives and CD-Cops (you need certain media to back it up and then it still might not work). New protections like Tagès and the new SafeDisc 2 are also a pain. Tagès is still very uncommon and as far as I know only used on Motoracer 3.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Tagès is still very uncommon and as far as I know only used on Motoracer 3.

It is only found on motoracer 3