Questions regarding CISS & Refillable Cartridges for Epson T60/R290

vbimport

Hi all … I have an upcoming interest in photography, and I want to purchase a printer which in Asia is known as Epson T60 (or R290) … To save money on printing costs, I’m looking into the possibility of hooking up this printer with a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) or use Refillable Cartridges … Because these methods void the warranty (the first one does for sure at least), I have a few questions to ask if anybody here has used either of these techniques on Epson printers before:

1. My main concern with CISS is that I’ve heard that its only good for people who print a lot (e.g. people using the printer for commercial purposes, etc …), because if you don’t print anything for a few days then the printer head goes faulty, and you have to then either repair it (50% of it being repaired) or replace it with a new head, or else your printer is gone ! … Is this true ?? … So if I print like one a week or two weeks, my printer would be dead ?? Is there no way to avoid this ?

2. Does the above problem occur if I get refillable cartridges instead ? Would there still be a need to print at least a few times a week to keep the head and printer alive and working ?

3. Which of the two methods is generally better, in terms of quality, reliability, and safety for the printer ? … Cost is not an issue for me …

4. Does anyone know the model name for the US version of this printer ? … If I know the model name/number of this printer’s US version then I can will be able to google a whole lot more data … :slight_smile:

Right now in my area, I have to choose between either this printer, or the HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One (local model number is B110a), which actually has a lot of features, but I’m not sure if its print quality will be the same as Epson T60’s (which is excellent by the way!) …

So any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated … :slight_smile: