Questions regarding blu ray

hello, i have some questions regarding blu ray. i am well familiar with ripping and burning and have been ripping ang burning cd’s and dvd’s

1- what is the best blu ray player in the market?
2-what softwares do i need to rip data from an original blu ray disc?
3-how do i burn the ripped data back to a blank blu ray

[QUOTE=koolhommie;2208134]hello, i have some questions regarding blu ray. i am well familiar with ripping and burning and have been ripping ang burning cd’s and dvd’s

1- what is the best blu ray player in the market?
2-what softwares do i need to rip data from an original blu ray disc?
3-how do i burn the ripped data back to a blank blu ray[/QUOTE]

1… There are a few good players, but Hose Sony since they invented the Bluray format…
If you mean drives, then I’d say to go with the LGs.

2… Currently AnyDVD-HD is the only software to successfully rip every Bluray out right now. No other software can do this except AnyDVD.

3… ImgBurn in build mode, using the UDF 2.5 system…

if i rip a movie from an original blu ray disc and burn it on a blank BD-R, will i get the same quality and will it work properly on a sony blu ray player?

To get the very same quality you’ll need to use an exact copy. No compression in other words. Many Blu Ray movies are larger than 25gb, so you might have to buy 50gb blank BD-R disks for those, and the 50gb disks are very expensive.

You might be able to fit just the main movie onto a 25gb BD-R, but that depends on the individual movie. You can select certain parts using tsMuxer, and output as a blu ray disk.

If you need to compress to fit onto a BD-R 25gb disk, you should look into a free program called BD Rebuilder. The H264 codec is very good and you probably won’t notice a difference in playback going from full blu ray to compressed 25gb.

Blu ray players should be able to play burned BD-R disks with few problems. Not that many can play blu ray movies burned to blank dvds however.

Thanx for the post but i still have some questions. will all blu ray rips fit on a 25 gb blank disk when the movie itself is ripped from a 25 gb blu ray disc?
and what did u mean that most blu ray rips are bigger than 25 gb? it means if i rip a movie from a 25gb disc, there is a chance that the rip may be bigger than 25gb?

Most (or at least a great many) commercially made Blu Ray movies seem to be larger than 25gb, depending on the extent of extras and type of audio used. Here is a list of Blu Ray movies and their size: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=760714

Ripping just the movie and one audio track from one of these large Blu Ray disks, you should be able to fit most of them onto a 25gb disk. But not all.

[quote=koolhommie;2211122]Thanx for the post but i still have some questions. will all blu ray rips fit on a 25 gb blank disk when the movie itself is ripped from a 25 gb blu ray disc?
[/quote]Yes. For example Happy Feet, Dinosaur, they are commercially made in 25GB discs, rip and burn to 25GB BD-R/RE is fine and you will get everything including menus and extras.

thx for the post. one more question which i forgot to ask. can i convert the rip to a suitable video format, say avc h264, store it on a flash drive and play it via a usb supporting device which is connected to my lcd?