Questions on Nero Usage

Hi,

I’d like to burn incremental backups of my important data to DVD using Nero. Please tell me if the process I have in mind is correct or if there is more optimal way of doing this.

What I have done is select all the files and folders I want to be included on the backup and saved the compilation profile. I start a multisession DVD+R and burn. I have Nero set to refresh files automatically as well as add files that are new.

Now, if I want to update this backup, all I have to do is load the profile and click burn right? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything here so that I don’t end up burning all kinds of backups and then find out someday that things didn’t work properly.

Is there any way to automate the process further so that an incremental backup is made at a scheduled time, or does it have to be done manually?

I poked around Nero’s Back It Up util but don’t like how all the files are compressed into a single file - burning them through Nero lets me access files straight off the DVD.

I’m using version 6.3.1.25 with an NEC-2500A burner.

thanks for the overwhelming response !