Questions on backing up blue ray and DVdfab6!

I was curious on what I needed to backup my blue ray collection…I just downloaded the dvdfab 6 software…I have blue ray movies and a HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.05 (lde]) dvd and cd burner…Can I just put in my blue ray movie and burn like I do standard dvds in DVDFAB6…???

Do I need a new burner and some other things? What all do I need? ALso when I updated to DVDFAB 6 it has blue ray to blue ray what does that mean? Does it mean burning the hole dvd?

THanks guys for your help…

Yes you will need a new burner. A BD burner.
A DVD burner will not work.

As of now, DVD Fab doesn’t allow back-up of blu ray to DVD-R, but if you look around other software does allow writing a semi blu ray format to DVD-R, obviously at a slightly lower quality…

Oh ok…So I will need a new burner then…But what does BD mean? Im very new to blue ray…Do you guys think that fab will have a version that will just back up an entire blue ray disc like they have for dvds? I wonder why dvdfab has a option blue ray to blue ray and a full disc option??? thanks guys

BD = Blu-Ray Disc.

Do you guys think that fab will have a version that will just back up an entire blue ray disc like they have for dvds?
It has that now and is currently being worked on and will soon have many improvements.

[QUOTE=mmafan69;2277853]Oh ok…So I will need a new burner then…But what does BD mean? Im very new to blue ray…Do you guys think that fab will have a version that will just back up an entire blue ray disc like they have for dvds? I wonder why dvdfab has a option blue ray to blue ray and a full disc option??? thanks guys[/QUOTE]

As I say, if you want a 100% blu ray backup, yes you need a new burner but you can back-up to DVD-R with other software.

Currently, DVDFab allows a direct blu ray to blu ray backup with no compression which obviously requires a compatible writer and BD media.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2276241-post2.html