Questions files burned in verbatim medias

vbimport

ATAPI drive liteon iHAS122 F Firmware EL06 is reliable to scan jitter, pie, pif, pi-po? I burned 4 dvds-r 16x verbatim azo MCC03RG20 with this drive and then used the scan nero DiscSpeed c1 / c2 - pi-po test to check the 4 tests of 4 DVD disks the same and single file presented PIF: 107 and other files presented results PIE values between 53, 71, 65, 61, 70, 51, 66, 49, 65, 62, 56, 67, 54, 57, 60, 132, 138, 163, 181, 152, 165, 181, 169, 178, 164, 179, 159, 150, 162, 190, 194, 201, 164

PIF value of 1, 2, 1, 107, 0, 4

I think these disks with these error rates are recommended for long-term storage or should I throw them in the trash? I burned discs at 6x minimum speed drive

scandisc read test of nerodisc speed 5 and scan imgburn discs 100% good

other photo

The scan in the second post looks fine.

Can you copy everything from all 4 discs? If so, the discs are probably okay.

I burned 4 discs dvd-r 16x verbatim azo ID: MCC03RG20 and 4 discs showed similar results, the discs can be read 100% but I’m very concerned about jitter errors, pie, pif, pi-po they are high values and increase with over the years making them unusable disks and can not read 100%? My drive is liteon iHAS122 F Firmware EL06 scan c1 / c2, pi-po, jitter, pie, pif this drive is reliable showing these errors?
all discs burned at 6x minimum speed allowed by drive
i like long term-storage files

The scan looks fine; the iHAS124 F is reliable enough. You can read the discs now, which is good.

MAYBE you can improve the initial write quality by writing at 8x. You will have to try that yourself.

That’s all you can do.

these discs with these test results jitter, pie, pif, pi-po, c1, c2 are reliable and safe for long-term storage (many years)? after years these errors will increase in size disabling the 4 discs?

You can test for jitter with this version of CD-DVD Speed.[QUOTE=C0deKing;2230445]
[…]
[B]CD-DVD Speed - supports jitter for iHAS drives[/B]
http://upload.cdfreaks.com/liteon/tools/CDSpeed-SE3-47716.rar[/QUOTE]

All we can tell RIGHT NOW is that the disc scans OK, and that you can read it, which is good. We have to ASSUME that the discs will last a long time. As we have already told you, no disc will last forever.

1 I bought a pin 25 units dvd-r verbatim to the test I have to check all the discs of the lot or you can check only one disk that serves as the parameter to see if all disks are good or bad? all other discs are stored

2 I used nero DiscSpeed 5 but his trial does not serve and you are recommending me the cd-dvd speed?

3 what is your opinion about the tests I realized with DiscSpeed, the discs are good or bad? They are reliable and safe or not?

Do you use verbatim made in taiwan or china ? Made in taiwan was the good one.

I think beside the good result from disc scan, surface of the dvd itself also has important role of the dvd reliability.

You could touching the dvd surface by rub with finger. If you feel slippery, that is good disc. If your fingerprint easily stick on the disc, it was bad.

my verbatim is made in taiwan
fingerprint only got the disc from the center where I put fingers
I tested the dvd-r with nero cd / dvd speed and the result was the same as DiscSpeed

1 I bought a pin 25 units dvd-r verbatim to the test I have to check all the discs of the lot or you can check only one disk that serves as the parameter to see if all disks are good or bad? all other discs are stored

2 I used nero DiscSpeed 5 but his trial does not serve and you are recommending me the cd-dvd speed?

3 what is your opinion about the tests I realized with DiscSpeed, the discs are good or bad? They are reliable and safe or not?

How if you scan again with cd-dvd speed but scan speed setting to 4x and on the avancado choose jitter.

result test

I bought a pin 25 units dvd-r verbatim to the test I have to check all the discs of the lot or you can check only one disk that serves as the parameter to see if all disks are good or bad? all other discs are stored

I think you just need to test 5 disc is enoogh.

I see the scan result is not bad.

What is the price of the verbatim 25 pcs ?

Why you have not buy 50 pcs or 100 pcs which are cheaper ?

1 what is the cause of jitter errors, pie, pif? really it is necessary to check these errors to prove the durability of the burned data and lifetime of the DVD? 4 dvds disks passed 100% good at reading test

2 a pin 25 units has the same pie rate, pif, jitter for all discs without test all?

3 after the burned discs errors jitter, pie, PIF will increase?

If you are not satisfied with the scan result maybe you could using this smart burn tool to setting it. Download Smart Burn Media Check Program for Optical Storage Products :

http://www.liteonodd.com/en/service-support/download/cat_view/44-/54-

Turn on Online Hyper Tuning. After finished burn dvd you could scan to see does it much better.

I want the opinion of you if this burn this good or bad for the long-term disk

what is the cause of jitter errors, pie, pif? really it is necessary to check these errors to prove the durability of the burned data and lifetime of the DVD? 4 dvds disks passed 100% good at reading test

The scan result is good but after few years and you scan again usually the pir and pif would increase. Although pie and pif increase the dvd still readable. I have some of verbatim and many mitsubishi dvd made in taiwan more than 10 years old and still good.

I was not sure what cause of jitter errors, pie, pif but if you have burn dvd that has scratch on surface and you scan it and scan position came to surface has scratch the pie and pif would increase.

I think it was not necessary to check all the dvd because it would waste of time. Usually after I burn one dvd, I would test it on other dvd-rom and if it able reading data of the dvd smoothly, it means the dvd would has good durability.

to prove that I testing a 1 disc 25 units pin and this disc is good all the other 24 discs also are with good levels low jitter, pie, pif? It’s a waste of time? I burned 4 dvd-r verbatim all 100% read discs but I was concerned about jitter, pie, pif, pi-po, I kept the 4 discs and other tested and posted the results here

to know that the disc is durable to store the files for many years have to test all 25 disks?

How to known good pie, pif and jitter you could read here :

1 burn DVD discs at 6X speed generates jitter, pie, high pif?
2 quality dvd media of any guarantee low jitter, pie, PIF without the scan?
3 the same batch of 25 units dvd-r presents results similar jitter, pie, pif for all disks?