Questions about Verbatim DL burning

Today I wa in Radioshack in another city and I found some Verbatim media , DVD-R MCC 03RG20 25 pack and Verbatim DVD+R DL MKM001 in 5 disc pack with full jewel cases . MCC 03RG20 was CMC MIT and MKM001 was MIS , both in new packages with date 2007

25 pack is 12$ and the 5 pack DL is 16.25$ , I bought both and they were the only ones there .

I’ve burnt the MCC 03RG20 and it was excellent although MAP7 but I am confused about DL burning because I have to do it right because at 3.25$ per disc I wouldn’t like to make coasters :wink:

Here are my questions :

-Which of the following is the best burner for these :

Pioneer 111L , Benq 1640 , LiteOn 20A4P or Samsung 203B ?

-Which is the safest speed that would have very good quality at lower times than official 2.4X speed ?

-What is the best app for burning DL ? I’ve heard that Imgburn is the best but is there any settings I should change to optimal DL burning quality ?

-Is there anything else I orgot to ask about ? :bigsmile:

What’s “MAP7” ?

[quote=uart;2020819]What’s “MAP7” ?[/quote] It’s the first part of the serial number for some Verbatim 16x DVD-R made by CMC (with media code MCC 03RG20).

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2020649]
-[B]Which is the safest speed that would have very good quality at lower times than official 2.4X speed ?
[/B]
[/QUOTE]

There is no lower speed for DVD+ than 2.4x!!

[QUOTE=chef;2020978]There is no lower speed for DVD+ than 2.4x!![/QUOTE]

He wrote lower times :wink:

I’d go with 4x on your LiteOn with stock firmware, codekings fw seems to mess up DL burning for me.

I’ve done it :bow:

I burnt it with 20A4P @4X but I used CodeKings 20xrpm and EOHT6 patch , I will try stock f/w later

What do you think about the quality ? first layer seems excellent but second one is not that good :frowning:

michael, that DL scan might not be beautiful, but it’s a keeper nonetheless.

I burn all my dl discs at x2.4 with my lite-on 20A1H with imgburn, works like a charm. Quality’s fine, you often get more pifs and pies on the second layer.

That’s a excellent DL scan, it cant get much better :slight_smile:

Yes it is , and I am very happy :smiley:

How did CK’s f/w messed up your DL burns ? any links ?

Here is another burn done with Asus 1608P3S@Pioneer 111L @4X
The 111L supports the media at upto 8X but I don’t want to take the risk :wink:

The BenQ 1640 would be the one i doubt i would have faith in for a DL burn. Newer drives just do such a better job i think. BenQ’s are great SL burners and a heck of a good scanners.

That is exactly what I thought Bob :flower:
Also Benq 1640 only supports this MID @2.4X , no more IIRC

I also doubt Samsung 203B would do a better job from what I’ve seen :frowning:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2021340]That is exactly what I thought Bob :flower:
Also Benq 1640 only supports this MID @2.4X , no more IIRC

I also doubt Samsung 203B would do a better job from what I’ve seen :([/QUOTE]

Great scans mina.

I can confirm that the older BENQs are not that great dealing with this media and that the Samsung ain’t that great either.

Here’s BENQ 1655 @ 2.4X:

And the newer BenQ DW2000 @ 4X 9B3B stock firmware:

Here’s the Samsung 203D:

[QUOTE=Womi;2021001]He wrote lower times :wink:
[/QUOTE]

Ow, my bad then.

[QUOTE=uart;2020819]What’s “MAP7” ?[/QUOTE]Sorry to stray off topic, but perhaps this link below can answer some questions you have uart, about Verbatim serial numbers.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/what-does-papa-stand-mean-240992/