Questions about Primera Bravo II Printer.Looking to Buy

Ok,

My Printing gig is getting out of hand super fast and I have orders for over 800 discs. SO…I’m gonna drop the money on a Primera Printer. Looking at the Bravo II…Simply because I don’t want to spend the Money on the Pro. I’m kicking mm self in the butt because 2 like new used ones just went on ebay for 500 bucks a piece…with ink kits and all.

SO…wit that …my questions…

How many Discs…with a Full color image (consider photo quality) do you get out of a set of ink? I am trying to cost per disc the ink. Need to know how many Discs I can print on with a set of ink cartridges.

NEXT…Can the ink be manually refilled or no? If so, what are options, ink qualities, etc… I currently have a MP610 and I have just started using the “german” method with the canon’s…want to do something similar if possible. I am new to refilling though.

Next, Has anyone compared print quality on discs from a Canon MP610 or comparable printer to those of the Primera Bravo?

Whats the expected lifespan…in prints…of the Primera’s?

Also, I just noticed that the 15 Models are PRINTERS ONLY…and the 43 model (for the bravo…) is a duplicator and print.

So, can you just buy the printer model…and put your own Burner in??? Is it that simple???

Anyone??? Bueller???

no, one is a printer auto-loader and the other is a publisher.
That is an intriguing idea about the drive though. Refilling the cartridges is not recommended although some people have a work around for the lexmark engine. Your asking to compare a auto-loader with a manual disc printer?
Of course Canon has a better printer then lexmark?

For the cost (and one can get deals) the Bravo II is a good buy for a auto-loader in the entry level production.

How many discs? that is based on the colors you use. Primera claims 130.

For you and me let’s say 100 :wink:

You have a year warranty on the unit if you buy it new and don’t mess with the ink. How many discs can you push through? That’s the way to look at it.

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2277718]no, one is a printer auto-loader and the other is a publisher.
That is an intriguing idea about the drive though. Refilling the cartridges is not recommended although some people have a work around for the lexmark engine. Your asking to compare a auto-loader with a manual disc printer?
Of course Canon has a better printer then lexmark?

For the cost (and one can get deals) the Bravo II is a good buy for a auto-loader in the entry level production.

How many discs? that is based on the colors you use. Primera claims 130.

For you and me let’s say 100 :wink:

You have a year warranty on the unit if you buy it new and don’t mess with the ink. How many discs can you push through? That’s the way to look at it.[/QUOTE]

Whats this refill method for the Primera’s? Anyone have good success. At 40 bucks a cartridge…and only 100 discs…thats not good cost wise.

you might look at the Recordex StudioJet 50

http://www.recordexusa.com/studiojet.html

It uses standard HP cartridges which out of the box are cheaper and easy to refill or buy refills.

Around the same price as the Primera Bravo II

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2277913]you might look at the Recordex StudioJet 50

http://www.recordexusa.com/studiojet.html

It uses standard HP cartridges which out of the box are cheaper and easy to refill or buy refills.

Around the same price as the Primera Bravo II[/QUOTE]

How is the print image quality though…that is the question.

4800dpi HP print engine. At least to me there is no comparison with the Lexmark. :slight_smile: Even with Primera’s tweaking :wink:

Hello,

The disc per print cost for Bravo II printer is about $0.35 to $0.40.

You might want to consider buying a LightScribe duplicator that you can print and duplicate in a single machine. Also, there is no printing cost. LightScribe duplicator starting at $205

You can go to http://runtechmedia.com/store-detail.asp?categoryID=200803071426491&subcategoryID=1&a=10 for more information.

Regards,
Jacky

I know this is spam post I’m replying to (let’s make it a non-spam post by not linking to each others websites) but I thought I might mention that the cost in lightscribe besides time, lack of color and blank disc cost (the “printing cost”) does not make any comparison to inkjet. Hopefully you don’t just recommend Lightscribe because you ‘make them’ (Vinpower)?

Why do you think a Lightscribe is a better alternative to the other types of disc printing? What are the costs of Lightscribe? are the discs free? Are the drives free? What is the time factor involved? I have to flip every disc in the duplicator how many times?

I can’t think of anything I would recommend less to a client then a lightscribe duplicator. If you need a one to one go buy a Lightscribe drive and stick it in your computer. After one drive you are just torturing yourself with it. IMHO :iagree:

[QUOTE=jacky1212;2284483]Hello,

The disc per print cost for Bravo II printer is about $0.35 to $0.40.

You might want to consider buying a LightScribe duplicator that you can print and duplicate in a single machine. Also, there is no printing cost. LightScribe duplicator starting at $205

Regards,
Jacky[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=deptacon;2277909]Whats this refill method for the Primera’s? Anyone have good success. At 40 bucks a cartridge…and only 100 discs…thats not good cost wise.[/QUOTE]

You can definitely refill the Primera Bravo printer. It’s an excellent printer and refilling is pretty easy. Checkout http://www.dvdinkrefills.com for a good refill kit. They’ve been selling these for a while now and have shipped a lot. The kit for the Bravo II even includes a video to show you how to refill which helps a lot.
Definitely go with Primera for your printer. Excellent quality and very easy to use.

You can get a CISS for the Bravo.

http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4069

We have one running in a Bravo Pro and it works ok. You have to prime the heads every now and then, and you get a few lines in the disks sometimes.

Good for bulk run disks that don’t need photo quality.
Uses LEXMARK inks.