Questions about how to backup DVD

vbimport

Sorry if this is not the place where my post should be, i didnt find a better place to post it.

I bought a movie and play it using InterVideo WinDVD 8 Platinum and it automatically shows the menu in my operative system language (spanish).

Additionally i used DVD Decrypter because i wanted to make a copy of my movie so the original dont get damaged and i copied all the files of the movie to my pc, i tried to run the movie using the OPEN FROM FOLDER option and tried to open the folder where i saved the movie but i couldnt open it, i had to create a folder called VIDEO_TS and i also created one named AUDIO_TS and it worked, at this point i have three questions: what is the function of those 2 folders? and why is the AUDIO_TS folder always empty? (at least thats what i have seen), if i burn the movie do i need to include AUDIO_TS folder?, now… when i started playing it (THE MOVIE I DECRYPTED), instead of just starting the menu in spanish like it did when i played it directly from DVD it allows me to choose between 4 languages for the menu, english and other 3 (japanese, korean, chinesse maybe) but spanish is not even in the list, my question is why? can someone explain this please?

Maybe it helps if i mention that the movie region is 4, and when i decrypted it it asked me its region and it allowed me to select from 3, and i selected region 4 because thats the number on the disc, if i play the movie on a dvd player (for tv) it also shows the menu in spanish (the dvd is region 4), my DVD burner region is 1

Now i tried playing the movie on nero showtime (directly from the dvd)and it shows the menu automatically in english (using the DVD as the SOURCE) instead of spanish like it did when i played the movie using the files on my pc.
Im very confused and wanted someone to make the things clear for me please…

I know that what i wrote could be confusing so ill resume things there:
SOURCE WHERE I PLAY IT RESULTS
MY PC WINDVD 8 ALLOWS TO CHOOSE FROM 4 LANGUAGES
DVD WINDVD 8 MENUS IS SPANISH AUTOMATICALLY
MY PC NERO SHOWTIME ALLOWS TO CHOOSE FROM 4 LANGUAGES
DVD NERO SHOWTIME MENUS IN ENGLISH AUTOMATICALLY
DVD HOME DVD MENUS IN SPANISH AUTOMATICALLY

DVD BURNER REGION: 4
HOME DVD REGION: 4

Image of dvd decrypter: http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/4034/dvddecji2.jpg
Image of menus: (doesnt include spanish)
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/622/menuspx9.jpg

If you need something better explained tell me and i will try to explain, for now im going to sleep because its late…

anyone?

This is long question.
Audio and Video_TS are folders set by DVD specifications and DVD player is looking for them. Audio is always empty (it was meant to be used originally), because all audio is together in Video folder.
Your home player will start at the setting you specified when you set it up. In your case it is Spanish, that’s why when you put DVD in it will look for Spanish language and use it if it is on DVD.
Computer players are usually without language setting, that is why it will start with first language, which is most of the time English.
If you copy movie, you can do it region free. It will play on your home or computer DVD player without any problem.
I am little confused about your DVD burner. You say it is region 1, yet you burn in region 4. As far as I know your original DVD should not play using that burner as a player, because DVD region 4 will not play on DVD player set as region 1, unless you change a region which you can do only 4 times and after that it is locked at the last setting.