Questions about HD-DVD and Blu-Ray

Hello.
I am a very frustrated man, trying to write an article for a magazine, about all this Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD.
Looking for data about this topic can be really painful, and very confusing. It seems that gathering up to date information is impossible, with companies changing sides every month, or the formats switching technologies, or whatever.
I would really appreciate if you could give me a hand on this. I just have some doubts I can’t clear out.

-Is blu-ray supporting Hybrid discs?

-All about this “managed copy” topic is very confusing. Bill Gates says it’s anti-consumer because you can’t play movies or do software well on PC’s. What kind of restriction would you have on PC’s without managed copy?.

-I understand that Blu-Ray’s managed copy wouldn’t be mandatory, and leave it up to studios. Is it true?

Thank you in advance.

Regarding the state of hybrid discs this post should give you some info:
– GOOD NEWS (SORT OF) IF YOU LIKE HYBRIDS…BD Hybrid Format v1.0 book is finally available, covers BD-ROM/DVD and BD-ROM/CD combinations, will be “attached” to Part 1 specs, new RRT on the updated spec showed only 4 DVD read failures out of 143 tries, but the BD layer is forcing a lower reflectivity spec, so more work is needed…like Twin Format, there will be a compatibility warning label…even with the good news, volume manufacturing feasibility is still undetermined

-All about this “managed copy” topic is very confusing. Bill Gates says it’s anti-consumer because you can’t play movies or do software well on PC’s. What kind of restriction would you have on PC’s without managed copy?.

Managed copy is essentially to be able to make a copy to for example your HDD of the disc. Of course the copy will have some sort of DRM so you will only be able to play the disc on the machine you made the copy on. Also this feature might not be free, ie. you might have to pay for making the copy.

-I understand that Blu-Ray’s managed copy wouldn’t be mandatory, and leave it up to studios. Is it true?

The latest word is that it will be mandatory on the software side, ie. you should be able to do one copy if your hardware supports MMC. But I’m not sure anyone really knows how MMC will work yet… For example if a studio does not want you to do a copy of a certain title what is going to stop the studio from charging like $500 for it?