Questions about Divx

vbimport

1. can a avi file be converted into divx format (or is the divx format, a avi format)

2. does conversion of a file result in better quality

3.can i have some direct links to download some divx encoders
i'm having problems with vidomi. it has'nt converted anything

:cool:

Originally posted by vishtaspa
1. can a avi file be converted into divx format (or is the divx format, a avi format)

Divx is usually an avi format, but not all avi formats are divx. Divx is a codec that allows you to use high compression on movie files, without losing too much quality.

2. does conversion of a file result in better quality

Conversion always results in loss of quality. But not all conversions result in the same loss of quality. Converting the original uncompressed moviefile to divx allows you to have smaller files without too great a loss of quality.

[B]3.can i have some direct links to download some divx encoders
i’m having problems with vidomi. it has’nt converted anything

:cool: [/B]

This answer you could have easily found by using our search…
www.divx-digest.com

http://www.doom9.org/ (download ->codecs)

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

Divx is usually an avi format, but not all avi formats are divx.

In addition to the above:

The .avi file format is a container file format. In it can be a divx movie or mpeg movie…

:slight_smile:

Try using Ogg instead of AVI…

Much better.

Here is a related question, is it possible to get the latest divx codecs without having to download that whole package that installs the playa and that FREAKING STUPID ad pop up thing? heh

nimo installs that? not when i did it :wink:

Originally posted by Gorky
Here is a related question, is it possible to get the latest divx codecs without having to download that whole package that installs the playa and that FREAKING STUPID ad pop up thing? heh

www.doom9.net had a good suggestion. USE the DivX 5.02 with the GAIN (Gator) ad pop ups. THEN configure your software firewall to DENY the ad pop ups access to the internet. NO more pop ups!

If I had a firewall installed hehe. Im on a dial-up so ive never bothered with one.
Maybe ill have to try out the one that comes with XP…