Questions about burning, testing and storage of dvd media

vbimport

Is that right or wrong?

1. Burned in 6x soft=imgburn drive=liteon iHAS122 F Firmware EL06 DVD-R 16x media=Verbatim AZO 16x MCC RG20 and immediately tested Nero DiscSpeed ​​5> Scandisc> read test surface 100% good (I did not test jitter, pie, pif, po), I saved the disc in black dvd case and I stored it The disk without use, after one or two or 3 years I will test jitter, pie, pif, po to see the situation of the disk, jitter, pie, pif, po can be bad immediately after burning?

2. For preservation and integrity of the files, the jitter, pie, pif, po tests have to be run immediately after burning the dvd-r disk or these tests should be run after one or two or three years after burning? After burning I only tested read test surface using nero discspeed 5 and 100% good

3. If after one or two or three years of burned DVD-R this disc is slightly degraded it is possible to make future forecast of how many years the disc will still keep the files in good condition still stored in the same location and the same conditions? If it will last 15 will arrive in 30 years?

4. In my case I burned the DVD-R 16x Verbatim AZO MCC03RG20 at 6x speed in the IMGBURN drive is liteon iHAS122 F Firmware EL06, you said that 6x is bad for DVD-R 16x so I have to worry about this burning in 6x? The disk passed 100% good on the read test surface of nero discspeed 5 but I have this doubt

These questions sound awfully similar to those you asked in you other thread.

They’re not the same questions, please answer

PIE/PIF testing can be done at any time.

PIE/PIF testing [I][U]does not verify the integrity of the files[/U][/I]. It is possible (very rare, but possible) for a disc to show very few errors when scanned, but actually be unreadable (or partly unreadable) for other reasons.

Discspeed’s Scandisc [U]Read Test[/U] (not the PIE/PIF option) does check that the disc is readable (n. But note that it cannot verify files are identical to the original source files, only the checksums on the disc. So it is not a substitute for ticking the verify option in Nero (or whatever you are using) when writing. CDCheck can perform verification against source files any time after a disc has been written.

[B]If these answers are not sufficient, please read some of the excellent articles already available in the [/B][B]Disc Testing Methods and Software[/B][B] forum.[/B]

The rest of what you ask is concerning the longevity of your discs and writing speed, which we have already comprehensively replied to in your other thread.

1 the correct and recommended immediately after the burning of the dvd is to do the discspeed nero 5 read test surface or the test jitter, pie, pif, po? I burned 4 discs of dvd-r verbatim azo and I tested nero discspeed read test surface (100% good) I did not test jitter, pie, pif, po I made a mistake? If the read test is 100% good jitter, pie, pif, po can be bad secretly and in future I will have problems? I need to worry about jitter, pie, pif immediately after burning?

2 6x is a good or bad burning speed for a dvd-r verbatim azo 16x? I burned in 6x with imgburn and drive liteon iHAS122 F Firmware EL06 but say 16x disk has to burn in 8x or 12x but I thought that lower speed was better, 6x my disk will have many errors?

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2785069]1 the correct and recommended immediately after the burning of the dvd is to do the discspeed nero 5 read test surface or the test jitter, pie, pif, po? I burned 4 discs of dvd-r verbatim azo and I tested nero discspeed read test surface (100% good) I did not test jitter, pie, pif, po I made a mistake? If the read test is 100% good jitter, pie, pif, po can be bad secretly and in future I will have problems? I need to worry about jitter, pie, pif immediately after burning ?

2 6x is a good or bad burning speed for a dvd-r verbatim azo 16x? I burned in 6x with imgburn and drive liteon iHAS122 F Firmware EL06 but say 16x disk has to burn in 8x or 12x but I thought that lower speed was better, 6x my disk will have many errors?[/QUOTE]

How if you posting the scan result in here ? Scan the PIE and PIF with 4x speed.

I don’t trust ImgBurn able to creating good quality disc. I prefer burned disc using nero burning rom. You could purchase at here :

Here are my scan disc of Maxell DVD-R CMC MAG AM3 burned at 6x. You could comparing it with your Verbatim which you think have good scan result ?

I have a pin-pack 25 units Verbatim AZO MCC but I only tested 1 disk (I will put the photo of the test jitter, pie, pif of that disk), the other 4 discs that I burned 6x imgburn I saved in black case of DVD in these 4 Dvds I did not test jitter, pie, pif and the only test I did on them was the read test surface of Nero DiscSpeed 5 and the result was 100% good, my concern is if I did not test jitter, pie, pif on those 4 disks They can die early and have lots of jitter, pie, pif error?