[Question]SHOW-1213S and Fujifilm 8x DVD+R

vbimport

I bought a SHOW-1213S and so far have burned a lot of movies with Fujifilm 8x DVD-R. But, when I tried to burn with DVD+R, it doesn’t work fine at all. However, the speed is up to 12x. I have to try different programs:

1. TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6: didn’t work
  2. InterVideo WinDVD 2: final burning but couldn’t close the program after done and the disc is unaccessable in my laptop, or even though when using other programs to read it in the desktop, except PowerDVD.
  3. Lately, I downloaded BookType 135 and had change it to DVD-Rom. Then, using ImgTool Burn to burn it but still didn’t work at all.

I don’t understand why even though the drive is said to support 12X DVD±R/±RW. I’m new with these stuffs so please help me out.

after testing with KProbe v2.4.2, here what I have

Date                     : 3/30/2005 12:38:09 PM
Model                    : 1-0-1-0 F:LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1213S TS0D
Disc                     : DVD+R , YUDEN000T02 [Taiyo Yuden Company Limited]
Speed                    : Max
ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF)  : 8/1
Scanned range            : 0 - 2295110
Sampling count           : 99777
Errors                   : 0
PI Max                   : 817
PI Average               : 60.73
PI Total                 : 1020380
PIF Max                  : 102
PIF Average              : 1.62
PIF Total                : 27269

what does this info mean?

@ mich83
Welcome:). Try a Kprobe scan at 4x scan speed, the forum standard for comparison. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you. You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4.

Here the result after I ran the KProbe2

The scan is not bad (At least better than my 1213s)

You need to buy 12x or 16x disc in order to burn at 12x
Or you can try omnipatch to modify the firmware, it will allow you to burn 8x disc at 12x. However, it may void your warranty.

@ mich83
Try the scan again at 4x scan speed, the forum standard for comparison