I tried setting the speed to 12X and it still slows down. I also disconnected my TDK CD-RW from the same ID channel, but that didn't change anything either. I even stopped my antivirus temporarily and still no go. I think you're right about my drive being overly sensitive. The thing is, the BenQ does manage to decrypt the disk, but it has a lot of slow downs, which for some reason don't show up in a CD Speed transfer rate test. Since Decrypter doesn't do a transfer rate graph, I've made a drawing in MS Paint to show what it might look like.
For example, the drive starts around 4X and smoothly accelerates to 5.5X. Then, it slows down to about 4.2X for 5 seconds. Next, it will smoothly speed up to around 6X. Then it slows down to about 4.5X for 5 seconds. Basically, for anything over 5X, it will accelerate about 0.5X, then slow down 1X-1.5X, then accelerate another 0.5X over the last maximum speed, and this will repeat. It's almost like WOPC for reading.