Question reguarding media

vbimport

Someone on this forum stated that fuji film cd- r from Japan it really taiyo yuden
My question is how does anyone know if the fujiFilm cd-R’s are taiyo yuden or from Ritek ? I am not so sure that if its made in Japan its going to be great ?
Is FujiFilm cd-R really actually taiyo yuden or what ? Taiyo Yuden is since kodak went out of bussiness most probably the best media for a reasonable price that anyone can buy bare none
Now I know that mitsui gold cd-r is great but they are 100 for $100.00 and the dvd+r is 100 for $350.00
mam-a is great too but they are almost as much as Mitsui
But Taiyo Yuden is just as good so why pay more for Mitsui and Mam-a

I got this from the internet reguarding FujiFilm and this is the reason for my post …
They were rating cd-R dvd -+ R media and this is what they had to say about FujiFilm cd-R
Quote : “FujiFilm Ritek Bad Problems writing the “aged” CD-R’s”
They were rated at the bottom of the list with a warning do not buy !
Is Ritek a japan or taiwan or malaysia company ?
Top of the list was taiyo yuden and mitsui
also Ricoh made by Ricoh not Ritek and TDK but not if made by Ritek how would anyone know who made what ?
As a post script :
I heard that Imation , sony , and phillips could be taiyo yuden
and H.P, sony and phillips could be mitsui

I agree on TY CDs. If you don’t want to worry about what Fuji might be selling I would suggest getting TY direct. There is no dealer better than Rima.com

http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R&Category_Code=TY

Where can I get mcc ? Do they have a web site ? I can’t find them on the internet
The reason I wanted to know about FujiFilm japan being really TY ok or Ritek ng is because B B is right across the street from me and so its more convienet then sending for them from rima .com and having to buy 100 minimum quantity thats the reason …

Fujji Film CDR made in Japan is Taiyo Yuden.
You can get MCC in Verbatim, which is also an excellent media (Verbatim 52x).

Another poster just told me Verbatim CDs were CMC. Did he make the common mix up or are they both CMC and MCC?

If they are MCC and better than CMC (usually are), there is a good deal on Verbatim CD at Newegg this weekend.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=136964

Its very hard to find a cdrw media of any speed that is not memorex looks like none of the companys are making cdrw media for some reason unknown to me …
TY, mitsui, Ricoh do not make cdrw’s
Does anyone recomend a good brand for cdrw media
I have a new LG burner cdrw 52x CGE 8526b
Verbatim data life is mitsubitsu chemical so is sony cdrw and TDK
I would like a better manufacturer then Mitsubitsu if possible

Verbatim 52x CD-Rs (not branded with any mention of DATA LIFE) can be either MCC-made or CMC-made (with those respective MIDs).

The best CD-RW media available has always been from Mitsubishi, sold under the Verbatim brand (up to 32x CD-RW media). You won’t find a “better manufacturer”, because it doesn’t exist.

What’s worse, there are very few companies which continue to manufacture CD-RW media. Unfortunately for me, the only CD-RW’s from brands other than Memorex or H-P that I could find locally in recent years are all of the slow, up to 4x variety.

Indeed, good and especially fast CD-RW media is not easy to find these days, those Verbatim 32x CD-RW discs are very rare (24x media is more common), even online. Fortunately for me, a local Walmart-like store has those 32x discs in stock. Over here in Germany, you usually find “rare” media in places like that, not in computer / tech stores. Maybe try out ‘different’ local stores and see what they have in stock?

[B]zalman[/B]'s post is from 15-05-2005, so I believe he lost interest in this topic.

I have had lots of trouble with 32x and 24x CD-RW burning. I prefer 24x Ultra Speed CD-RW media, burned at 16x.

Walmart-like?
Don’t the French and Belgian users call it “hypermarket”? :bigsmile:

Indeed, rare and valuable media can be found more often in “hypermarkets”, department stores, toy stores (!) and electric stores.

I have seen Verbatim 32x CD-RW in Marktkauf, and even in some Media Markt and Saturn stores :wink:
The 10x CD-RW is the most common, but if a place doesn’t stock 32x it often doesn’t stock 24x either. Just my experience.

True, I didn’t check the date of the posting prior to replying.
I actually never really had any problems with high speed CD-RW media, burning them at max. speed with no problems whatsoever. I primarily use my Plextor Premium for my CD burns, and that drive really likes those Verbatim discs.

Walmart-like?
Don’t the French and Belgian users call it “hypermarket”?

They do indeed, but since RJL65 is from the US, I thought that mentioning Walmart made more sense, since Walmart is probably as known as Mc Donald’s over there. Or Mickey Mouse for that matter. Or pinkish Verbatims.

Indeed, rare and valuable media can be found more often in “hypermarkets”, department stores, toy stores (!) and electric stores.

I have seen Verbatim 32x CD-RW in Marktkauf, and even in some Media Markt and Saturn stores
The 10x CD-RW is the most common, but if a place doesn’t stock 32x it often doesn’t stock 24x either. Just my experience.

I have never checked out toy stores (?!?) for media to be honest, but thanks for the hint.
I actually meant "Marktkauf’ with that “Walmart-like” comparison, our Marktkauf does have them in stock, but not our local Media Markt and Saturn stores, I’ve never seen 32x CD-RW media there. Karstadt usually has the 24x discs in stock.

Btw., our local Saturn store has Verbatim CD-Rs “on sale”, if you can actually call it that, cakebox of 50 for 9.99 Euros. The good thing about it: It’s not just Made in China CMC media, but Made in Japan Taiyo Yuden media as well, so the price is actually pretty good.

I haven’t had trouble with them at high speeds either, usually I use my LG or Samsung drives (or my NEC if it’s installed) for CDR/RW though.

Thanks for the info Arachne. I’ll try them in my LG GSA-H22N.

Actually, the H22N burns CD media pretty well, burned quite a few CDs with it lately, and no matter what I threw at it (Taiyo Yuden, Mitsubishi, CMC, MBI, Ritek), the burns were very good, even better than my Premium at the highest speeds (48x, 40x; use my Premium for audio primarily, burning at lower speeds). Scanned both in my Plextor Premium, and in my BenQ 1650. Perfect TRTs also, of course.