Question Regarding Pioneer 115D & External Enclosure

vbimport

Hey guys, I’ve been doing a lot of reading on these forums and have learned quite a bit over the past couple days. Very knowledgeable people - Thanks!!!

I recently purchased a Pioneer 115D to use externally with my laptop and was confused when it did not properly work with a “SATA & IDE to USB Multi Adaptor” that I had kicking around. Burning process would freeze or hang every time and I wasted multiple DVDs and CDs trying to figure out why. Upon doing some searching and reading I discovered that the problem was likely due to an incompatible chipset being used in the adaptor. I opened it up to discover that it is using a JM20337 chipset.

Anyways, I have decided to go ahead and purchased an external enclosure and do it up proper. My question is, can anyone provide some links or model numbers of some external enclosures that you have personally used with this drive and you know are 100% compatible???

Also, I was looking at this very cheap enclosure on eBay that I’m thinking about giving a try. If it doesn’t work, I should be able to use it with my Samsung SH-D162 Kreon drive that works perfectly with the adaptor I tried with the Pioneer. Can anyone provide some reviews on this product??? Worth the money???
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130226343059

Thanks very much for your help!!!

Thanks for all the replies guys… Really appreciated…

Anyways, for those who might be in the same boat as me, thought you might be interested in knowing how it all worked out… I went ahead and purchased one of those external enclosures I was talking about (CD-R4-U2) and installed my Pioneer 115D drive in it…

Great success!!!

I have successfully burned a CDR at 32X, a DVD-R at 8X, and a DL DVD+R at 2.4X (those are too expensive to play around with). All files were written from an external 500GB hard drive which is connected to my laptop by USB then transferred to the Pioneer 115D which is also connected through USB.

So, if anyone is looking for a good, cheap enclosure to use with their Pioneer drive, this one’s a hit!!!

Peace!!!

Thanks for all the replies guys… Really appreciated…

your welcome. :bigsmile:

sorry, :frowning: i dont have external drives so i dont have experience with them. :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway glad you got it working. :cool:

To say the truth, usb is still crap for external optical drives.