Question regarding multiple VOB files

vbimport

Hi

I have converted four different TV shows into DVD format and was wondering how I can burn them to a DVD?
The shows were converted one at a time due to different codecs etc., which has resulted in me having four different pairs of AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories with IFO, BUP and VOB files. When I use Nero to burn the DVD it complains about the files having the same name, e.g. ‘VTS_01_1.VOB’, so I was wondering if I could just rename the files, so they wouldn’t clash or if there is a different workaround to solve this???

I’m looking forward to reading your replies.
Cheers.
Anders

You need to use a software like TMPGEnc DVD Author, too bad not a free software :frowning:

With it you can import each set of vob files and create a new DVD and also some custom menus.

If you are not interested in menus, another possibility is the free DVD Shrink. In re-author mode you can load each set of vob files and create a DVD “compilation”.

Have you tried just putting the .vob files in another directory and renaming them before you put them in Nero? You may be the first—let us know!!

Saltgrass, I’ll give your suggestion a try and get back to you.

Geno888, I’ll check out TMPGEnc DVD Author and see if it’s worth paying for - if it can do the trick without too much hassle I don’t mind spending a few pounds on it :slight_smile:

Cheers.
Anders

isn’t that what Nero recode is for?

Bainf, I’m not familiar with the Nero recode but will look out for it.

Renaming the .vob files didn’t work, however, TMPGEnc DVD Author was a great suggestion and worked like a charm. I also like the easy steps it has to create a DVD menu … very nice touch.

Cheers.
fast2406

I have solution for this, if you are interested here it is.

1. Open Nero Burning ROM
  2. Select DVD Option
  3. Click on NEW
  4. Select IMAGE BURNER (ie burn to hard drive and not disk) I guess the option is on top
  5. Now in Video_TS folder of nero ROM drag and drop ur first Video_TS folder which u already have.
    5 Click on Burn

This will create a .nrg file on your system.

Repeat the same process for your other three episodes for which u have video_ts folders ready. It’ll take some 30 mins
Now you should have 4 .nrg files.

Now after this is done open your Nero Vision,

1. Select DVD and say ADD FILE. In the drop down box select ALL FILES, locate your .nrg files and select all the four. And Bingo, you are ready to burn these all on the same DVD, add chapters, menus etc as you do normally. But i hope you have enough hard disk space…

This is what i follow when i have to burn 2 or 3 movies on the same disk having video_ts folders

Brilliant mate … I’ll try that out tonight :clap:
Thanks for the step-by-step instructions … much appreciated :bow:

You are welcome!!! Let me know the results though :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=shafling;1726210]
Now after this is done open your Nero Vision,

1. Select DVD and say ADD FILE. In the drop down box select ALL FILES, locate your .nrg files and select all the four. And Bingo, you are ready to burn these all on the same DVD, add chapters, menus etc as you do normally. But i hope you have enough hard disk space…[/QUOTE]

MAN!!! I just registered to thank you and let u know how thankful i am for this information!! Ive spent days tryin to figure the shit out and now in just a couple minutes it’s DONE…like magic man…So, Thank you Thank you!! Really appreciate it xdd :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Welcome to the forums Malalo and I’m glad to hear you’ve found them useful already. :flower:

It’s great when we can help people out and after all that is ultimately what this community is all about.

[B]Wombler[/B]