Question re: Mobile Option

I purchased the Mobile option, and it shows in my license area as “never expire”, but it doesn’t show in my Fab 6 interface. What am I doing wrong??

Also, I’m running both Fab 6 and Fab 5. I’d like to run the Mobile option in Fab 5. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

I assume you mean you want to run the mobile option in 6 (5 seems like it’s working fine for you). Just get a new registration key from here and you should be all set.

I had this problem, have you got the new FAB6 key?

Simon

Edit : Beaten to the answer!

^^^

Yes I do. As I said, it shows (Option: Mobile) in the interface at the top, but does not show in the ‘working area’ on the left. The left only show DVD to DVD.

Oh, you can’t find it but the license is there. It’s now called DVD-to-Mobile and is on the left, second option down.

[QUOTE=jdbower;2280959]Oh, you can’t find it but the license is there. It’s now called DVD-to-Mobile and is on the left, second option down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but that’s my problem. It’s NOT on the left… Do I need to download it separately??

It’s all a single download. What do you have listed there? I have DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile, Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and File to Mobile. Of course only one shows any options at a time. If yours isn’t coming up right you may want to try to uninstall and reinstall. You can also check the Options under General --> Customize UI and make sure some options are selected for File to Mobile, but I don’t see any way to hide the application itself.

[QUOTE=jdbower;2280964]It’s all a single download. What do you have listed there? I have DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile, Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and File to Mobile. Of course only one shows any options at a time. If yours isn’t coming up right you may want to try to uninstall and reinstall. You can also check the Options under General --> Customize UI and make sure some options are selected for File to Mobile, but I don’t see any way to hide the application itself.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is really, really weird. The mobile option did not show on the left before, but now it does. And the interface looks different than it did before (it’s ‘paler’, if that makes any sense). Anyway,all’s well that ends well… :bow:

Thanks for the input!

By the way, since Blackberry does not appear in the options on the left, does anybody know the settings I should use for a Blackberry? I’m going to try Mpeg4.H.264.aac, but not sure if that’s correct…

[QUOTE=jdbower;2280964]I have DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile, Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and File to Mobile.[/QUOTE]

I see those also but I don’t see “File Mover”. Does it only pop up after a “File to Mobile” conversion? Never seen it in the last beta versions of 5 either. I would think it should be there for transferring files when you’re ready to?

Glad to see you found it - I have that issue after too many morning martinis sometimes :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2280969]By the way, since Blackberry does not appear in the options on the left, does anybody know the settings I should use for a Blackberry? I’m going to try Mpeg4.H.264.aac, but not sure if that’s correct…[/QUOTE]

Under Cell Phone you can choose the type of phone you want under “Conversion Settings” after you hit Next. They do have a generic BB as well as a Storm setting, but I have no idea how well the non-Storm version works as a default.

[QUOTE=riptorn;2280987]I see those also but I don’t see “File Mover”. Does it only pop up after a “File to Mobile” conversion? Never seen it in the last beta versions of 5 either. I would think it should be there for transferring files when you’re ready to?[/QUOTE]

I think it pops up afterwords, but I’ve never used it and prefer moving my files the old fashioned way. In DVDFab Options there’s a checkbox to enable/disable it.

Thank you all…particularly jd! I’m continuing this ‘quest’ in the more appropriate Mobile sub forum…and it’s not going well. :sad:

What Blackberry do you have? I am putting the finishing touches on a bold profile for DVDFab. I also have a generic BB profile that works well.

Let me know.

^^^

Thanks, shootsbooz. With jdbower’s advice (specifically, using the BB Storm profile in the cellphone section), and a little of my own tinkering, I was able to solve my problems. The movies now look AND sound great!

Thanks again.