Question on ripping parts of dvd's

vbimport

Which program would be the best at ripping a single chapter from a dvd with outstanding quality? What i want to do is rip parts from different dvd’s and burn them all onto one dvd, so i don’t have to keep switching discs. I am very new to this and what i have come up with so far is smartripper to rip and tmpgenc dvd author to edit encode and put in chapters. but is there something better? thanks in advance.

DVDPro Ex www.3mbtech.com

Sorry but DVDPro Ex sucs BIG time ! Most of the time you cant even install it, let alone use it.

@Radioactiveape, both SmartRipper and DVD Decrypter can rip individual Chapters of a DVD. Best is to also demux them when ripping to their individual Video & audio streams (just enable Stream processing and tick the demux box for both streams.

You can then use Maestro, DVDLab or TMPGEnc DVD Author to load each Video & audio until the DVD would be full, make a simple Menu and author to a set of VOB files.

These is no real short cut for what your doing, just stighlty different software to do the job.

Well each to his own… I have never had any issues with it, works everytime for me and done about 40 rips so far

Maybe its the way I hold my tongue :smiley:

Hey, djmorgan, are you working for 3MB Tech?

These ****** guys seems to steal teachnology!

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7758

@ Radioactivape: DVDPro sucks. Just take a look at

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69076

Never seen such a crappy software before.

An

so I should change my opinion just because it’s not popular?

and unless 3mbtech reside in Australia no I don’t work for them…:confused:

Originally posted by djmorgan
so I should change my opinion just because it’s not popular?

Absolutely not, its a free world you use what ever works for you.

3mbtech resides in Pakistan by the way.

[QUOTE=ChickenMan;454473]Sorry but DVDPro Ex sucs BIG time ! Most of the time you cant even install it, let alone use it.

@Radioactiveape, both SmartRipper and DVD Decrypter can rip individual Chapters of a DVD. Best is to also demux them when ripping to their individual Video & audio streams (just enable Stream processing and tick the demux box for both streams.

You can then use Maestro, DVDLab or TMPGEnc DVD Author to load each Video & audio until the DVD would be full, make a simple Menu and author to a set of VOB files.

These is no real short cut for what your doing, just stighlty different software to do the job.[/QUOTE]

I am running Windows 7. Installed smartripper 2.41 and get error “no aspi adapter available”. Is there another method to do this?

@ vinnyp , You might want to start a new topic as this one is very old.
I don’t have Windows 7 but DVDShrink should do this for you.
The problems it will have are it won’t decrypt newer DVD’s.
AnyDVD works with DVDShrink to decrypt for it.
DVDFab will also decrypt but you need to rip with it to a hard drive first. Then use DVDShrink with those files.
DVDFabs PassKey probably will work too but I haven’t used it.
In most cases it is better to rip to a hard drive then work with the files.

Hi and Welcome!

ASPI is ancient technology designed for Windows 9x. See if you can adjust your software in order to support NT native interface (SPTI). If your software is too old for that, either replace it by something more recent, or get the winaspi.dll from Nero’s FTP servers and throw into the program directory.

Michael

I have AnyDVD and DVDFab latest version. Do not have Passley. I usually copy dvd to hard drive before putting on DVD disc anyway. Will have to download shrink and learn to use it before I can go any further? Also,using DvdFab, once the dvd is copied to disc and all code is removed is it ready to be taken apart for use on authored dvd and do I copy to hard drive or rip the whole dvd to hard drive.

Once ripped to the hard drive you should be able to reauthor with DVDShrink.
Once you have finished editing each SET Start/End Frames section of the title select Backup. You can save this as DVD compliant folders or an .iso . This can be burned to a DVD.
When setting up DVDShrink make the selections in Prefferences & Backup you need.
There are many guides you can find for using DVDShrink. Maybe even some here at club.myce

[QUOTE=vinnyp;2593197]I am running Windows 7. Installed smartripper 2.41 and get error “no aspi adapter available”. Is there another method to do this?[/QUOTE]
I run Win7, you just ignore the error and it works anyway, well it does for me.