Question on overclocking LTR-40125S

Hi,
I’m new to this forum and I have a question for all of you.

How do you overclock a lite on LTR-40125S to a LTR-48125W?
I know there are .bin files involved but, I don’t know where to find this files and firmware. Can you please help. Thank you.:slight_smile:

OC-Freak has a sticky in this forum about overclocking to a Liteon LTR-48125W. You should check it out. Start out by formatting a floppy disc and copying system files. Find the firmware you want (most people like the VS02) and copy the BINARY firmware there. Download MTKFlash, check you BIOS to find out if your Liteon is on Primary or Secondary IDE and if its a slave or master device. Check the sticky for all the info you need.

Are the binary files the same as the firmware files? except you have to convert them from .exe to .bin buy using the “litefirm” utility? or are there other utilities to achieve the same result? and what are they and how can I obtain them. Thanks.

You can go HERE to get any of the appropriate .EXE flashers. These can only be used in windows to flash a drive within it’s “official” update path. To flash forwards, backwards and sideways, you need MTKFlash and a .bin file, which you can extract from the .EXE files with the LiteFirm utility. The sticky threads outline this process very well.

DOS, MTKFLASH.EXE, ???.BIN, Primary IDE???
G, what is that??

Stop confusing your self, the world has been made easier:

Windows Flasher, No more DOS, Master or slave.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Try this:

[Any ZSxx to VS02.rar](ftp://62.67.47.73/Any ZSxx to VS02.rar)

[Any ZSxx to VS06.rar](ftp://62.67.47.73/Any ZSxx to VS06.rar)

Both requires WinRAR-3.0 to Extract

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lombok ijo
[B]

[QUOTE]

Damn! I was gonna say that! :smiley:

Lombo ijo
Rdgrimes

Thank you for all the info and help you have provide - I really appreciate it. I think I can do it now.

Flores

Originally posted by lombok ijo
[B]

Try this:

[Any ZSxx to VS02.rar](ftp://62.67.47.73/Any ZSxx to VS02.rar)

[Any ZSxx to VS06.rar](ftp://62.67.47.73/Any ZSxx to VS06.rar)

Both requires WinRAR-3.0 to Extract [/B]

Ok… I just got my new LITE-ON 40125S burner. Which files shall I download? Please help me… vs02 or vs06? which flash files?

Originally posted by Praz
[B]

Ok… I just got my new LITE-ON 40125S burner. Which files shall I download? Please help me… vs02 or vs06? which flash files? [/B]

I’ll take the firmware behind door number three :bigsmile:

Seriously, though. . . VS08 seems to be the best choice these days, although it wasn’t listed as one of the choices above. You want to go to 48x I assume, so either of the above will accomplish that.

Originally posted by Prowler
[B]

I’ll take the firmware behind door number three :bigsmile:

Seriously, though. . . VS08 seems to be the best choice these days, although it wasn’t listed as one of the choices above. You want to go to 48x I assume, so either of the above will accomplish that. [/B]

Ok… :slight_smile: It’s only VS08 I have to install then? Where do I get it? I want a windows installer please :slight_smile:

Currently I have firmware: ZS0n, that will work ok?

Thanks a lot…

You can use any of the windows flashers posted above, and use the Official Liteon VS08 upgrade to take it from VS02/06 to VS08…

Once you flash to 48125W, your burner is now a 48125W, official firmware updates will work with it.

Ok, I used Any ZSxx to VS06.rar.
It works fine using it as a cd-rom now… But nero wont recognize it as a burner?

What can be wrong?

Edit:

Nero 5.5.7.8

Edit:

Sorry… It was nero’s fault :wink:
I just updated nero… Now it’s all ok :slight_smile:
GREAT! :smiley: Thnx a lot…

Retail Nero has to be at least 5.5.8.2 for the 48x drives.