Question on Metal of honor

I know this has been talked about before and It’s been a while since SD 2.51 came out so…

I was wondering if I use alcohol 120 with safedisc 2/3 set on with my px708a cd/dual format dvd burner if I would be able to copy metal of honor AA and other SD 2.51 discs or if i have to set it some other way. I am not too familier with all of the settings and what they do, is there something that will tell me what settings do what in alcohol 120?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Alcohol 120% will backup Medal of Honor using the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype. But your Plextor 708A it’s an Alcohol Free burner, which means it can’t encode EFM patterns. You may try, but make sure you have the “Bypass EFM Error” option enabled (by default it is enabled on the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype).

Originally posted by Lvsitano
Yes, Alcohol 120% will backup Medal of Honor using the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype. But your Plextor 708A it’s an Alcohol Free burner, which means it can’t encode EFM patterns. You may try, but make sure you have the “Bypass EFM Error” option enabled (by default it is enabled on the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype).

I thought that the 708A (8x DVD Burner??) was able to encode EFM patterns correctly? Please correct me if I am mistaken

Originally posted by pyro_dragun
I thought that the 708A (8x DVD Burner??) was able to encode EFM patterns correctly? Please correct me if I am mistaken

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82678

I was able to make a copy of sim city 4 easily using the safedisc 2/3 setting but for me to do MOHAA I had to use that alcoholer program combined with clony to find out what safedisc setting it was am I doing this the hard way or is there an easier way. Also what is EMF and why would I have to bypass it. And last question this round what do you mean by use emulation? Thanks.

1. Am I doing this method correctly?

Yes. You would have to find out what protection it is before you did anything. Use Alcohor’s profile in Alcohol for the game you want to read and burn. The settings differ burner to burner.

2.What is EFM? Why do I have to bypass it?

A good explaination of EFM(Eight to Fourteen Modulation) is here. You have to bypass it because your burner cannot write it correctly.

3.What do you mean by emulation?

If you use emulation, software mimics the way the protection works. Emulation is useful when trying to play a burnt game from a burner, when your burner cannot copy a protection successfully or when you are playing from an image. For protection emulation, get this . For ATIP hiding(Making a burnt game work in a burner), Use Alcohol’a Ignore Media Type or CloneCD’s Hide CDR media.

Good Luck:)

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82678

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me

Originally posted by pyro_dragun
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me

No problem.:slight_smile: