Question on 8x DVD+R Media for any one in OZ for my Liteon

Hi Guys
Does any one have any links to were I can get some DVD+R 8X
Media in Australia?, I cant find any anywere, I have been searching for hours on the net now and havent found diddly squat.
:confused:
thanks in advance
He][razer

I’m keeping my eye out too… If i find some i will post it here…

My liteon 411@811 can burn ridata brand of DVD+R 4x at 8x. Go find it on ebay or computer fairs if you are in Sydney.

rd.

RiData (in Canada anyway) = Ritek/Ricoh media

Well I found these but they dont have a price, and I have never heard of them “KAPI”?

They are near the bottom of the page, in the link in 4 different colours.

http://www.memex.net.au/product.asp?cat=media

rd72
What do you use to burn them with “software”,I tried some media cache 4x DVD+R and they would only burn at 4x with NERO 6 “that was all I had handy”

thanks

PS just spotted on the white ones 10 for $35, wonder if Liteons support them ?

In the meantime why don’t you use MCC and Verbatim 4x + R media ? They burn great @8x (at least on my 811s)
:slight_smile:

Thanks Guys

I will try some of the 4X that has been mentioned.

I did try the 2 Media Cache 4X I had in Nero 6, but they would only burn at 4X, So I thought that you must need 8X,
Obviously not:D

ps: I got word from the only distributer of those KAPI disks in Australia, that Liteon 811s will burn them at 2.4X,4X,6X but wont burn them at 8X, But they did not say what firmware was used, I would think that it would most likely be the original from factory and out of date.

hellrazer

the latest 811s firmware that is on their web page is HSOK, there is also a leaked HSOP firmware around

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/english-load-firmware.htm#LDW

thanks Kenw

But I already have it, its on my sig below:bigsmile:

hellrazer

have your tried HSOP?

Hi KenW

No I havent tried HSOP, I havent got any +R media anyway,
only -R left,So I have to wait until I get some.

Are you burning 4x on your 811s,if so what media.?

I started this thread to find were to get 8x media in OZ, that is the only problem I am having, as some people have now pointed out that, I can use certain 4x@8x I will give that a try when I get hold of some.

thanks

I don’t know if I mislead you but, when I said MCC media it was = mitsubishi chemichals corporation. Don’t know about media cache! MCC is manufactured under (sold as) several brands. Look in the DVD Media Tests forum for more info.
:slight_smile:

Hi ahgc
I new what you meant. “thanks”

I just was saying the only +R media I tried that I had handy was
Media Cache
I can get Media Cache at my local supermarket so it is handy seems to work fine for me at 4x

I just have to wait until I can get one of the other brands mentioned, to try at 8x

I live about 20 miles from the nearest “real” computer shop
So I either have to order on the internet or travel in to get the stuff.

Originally posted by hellrazer
[B]rd72
What do you use to burn them with “software”,I tried some media cache 4x DVD+R and they would only burn at 4x with NERO 6 “that was all I had handy”

thanks

PS just spotted on the white ones 10 for $35, wonder if Liteons support them ? [/B]

I use Nero 6 with the latest patch. Have you oc it ?

rd.

hellrazer

I been using TDK, Imation, and Fuji All three are Ricohjpn. DVD+R 4x and burns very well at 8x with very good k-probe levels.

Great thanks guys

rd72 yes its overclocked if thats what you mean :slight_smile:

I re did it again the other day just to make sure, its is still burning -R fine @ 4x, but until I get more +R media I cant try any 8x burns

Sale on DVD+R4x at staples

Staples USA has TDK DVD+R4x in the 10 pack for $14.94 £9.41 €13.42

these test out as RICOHJPN

Originally posted by hellrazer
[B]Great thanks guys

rd72 yes its overclocked if thats what you mean :slight_smile:

I re did it again the other day just to make sure, its is still burning -R fine @ 4x, but until I get more +R media I cant try any 8x burns [/B]

The ridata was +R and it can burn at 8x but not -R. Can never burn -R at 8x … I wish.

we are doing Datasafe 8x DVD+R here:

http://www.neogames.co.uk/product.php?xProd=473&xSec=1&

I am still testing other discs see if they work in 8x in my teac drive will get back to you all with results.