Question ! is it posible with mtkflash to eraze only?

is it possible to eraze a drives BANKS only so it cant do a fresh dos flash !!!

you no like eraze the drives epprom for a fresh flash !!

i think its possible not shure how to though :/:bigsmile:

Shure you can do that. But your drive will be totaly dead after that. And thats something you probebly don’t want.

/Dyzan

Can you tell me how to ?

all i wanna do is eraze the flash banks so i can reboot and do a flash with a bin file

i no when its erazed it will be dead but after the reboot and go back into dos i should be able to do a fresh flash with a bin file !!!

its just i want to maake shure its flashed corectly my drive that is ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

right, your DOS firmware program won’t even be able to see the drive if the firmware band is totally blank.

Exactly! When I mean dead, your drive is realy dead! You can NOT put in any firmware after that.

/Dyzan

ohhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmm thats a problem then :confused:

all i waanted to do was to the best possible fresh flash to my drive i could do hmmmmm

and for something to cheak that it flashed corectly and that the banks were all ok !!

looks like i cant even do that hmmmmmmmmmm :Z

Why do you want to make it so complicated for yourself?! Seriously! :slight_smile:

As the others said, if you erase EEPROM (WSES has the doubtful “feature” to do this), your drive will be totally dead, you cannot flash it back, it will be gone.

So just do the way everybody else does instead. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]Why do you want to make it so complicated for yourself?! Seriously! :slight_smile:

As the others said, if you erase EEPROM (WSES has the doubtful “feature” to do this), your drive will be totally dead, you cannot flash it back, it will be gone.

So just do the way everybody else does instead. :slight_smile: [/B]

hehe you no me experimenting to further help if i can hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah experimenting is good.
But maybe one would refrain from experimenting with the electrical chair… Get my point? :slight_smile:

ViRuS2k
Are you aware the MTKFlash does a complete erase before flashing?

You could modify the firmware to be all 0’s or 1’s…

DO NOT ERASE THE EEPROM!

Originally posted by Airhead
Yeah experimenting is good.
But maybe one would refrain from experimenting with the electrical chair… Get my point? :slight_smile:

i would be glad to experiment with that :bigsmile:

j/k

==========================
rdgrimes yeah i no that but i was thinking it wasnt erazeing
all the banks you see with the 163 it erazes 2 banks but when i updated via the 165H it updated 4 banks !!!

aand it only erazed 2 banks there for what happened to the other 2 ? hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]You could modify the firmware to be all 0’s or 1’s…

DO NOT ERASE THE EEPROM! [/B]

i think i was getting confused hehe i wasnt talking about the epprom

i was taalking about erazeing all the banks on the rom

so i could then do a fresh flash !!! becuse flashing and flashing i dont think it entirely erazes the flashrom !/.//////////////

:confused:

If you watch MTKFlash closely, you will see it erase all 5 banks before begining the flash.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
If you watch MTKFlash closely, you will see it erase all 5 banks before begining the flash.

erm im talking about the ltd 163D it only erazes 2 banks

i think your talking about the Burners my 28125W vso8 erazes 5 banks :stuck_out_tongue: