Question for Olli

vbimport

I read that the sneakPreview will expire in 30 days. I noticed my name is showing as Registered in the preview version as well as in the 1.3.11.2 version. Since it is showing Registered to, will it continue or will the SneakPreview still expire?

I’m not Olli, but I think it will expire. When the final version will be released around the Cebit, you won’t need the preview anymore.:slight_smile:

When is CEBIT? Is this many months away?

no,that is not true.
if you registered the old CloneDVD you get
CloneDVD -----> upgrade to CloneDVD 2 sneak preview free,
means you registered CloneDVD 2 sneak preview.

CEBIT is a around March 18th isn’t it?

Originally posted by Vanderlow

CEBIT is a around March 18th isn’t it?
Yes, it is. 18-24 of March.

Originally posted by t111645

if you registered the old CloneDVD you get CloneDVD -----> upgrade to CloneDVD 2 sneak preview free,
means you registered CloneDVD 2 sneak preview.
There is no such ‘upgrade’ CDVD > CDVD2 SP.
The Sneak Preview is being installed in a separate directory ( w its own registry settings )
and is working side by side w the current CDVD.

Hi BoSkin, this is correct. However, Sneakpreview version also checks CloneDVD “stable” registry settings and
detects if you have a registered copy or not.
I tried the old trick of changing the system date two months forward, and CloneDVD2 SP still worked… however I don’t know if this is enough to say that a “registered” CloneDVD2SP will not expire… Anyway, I think that if the release of the “offlicial” CloneDVD2 will be delayed, probably Elby will release a new preview version…

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by BoSkin
The Sneak Preview is being installed in a separate directory ( w its own registry settings )

Originally posted by eltranquil

if the release of the “offlicial” CloneDVD2 will be delayed,
probably Elby will release a new preview version…
It won’t :

1. a promise’s a promise.
  2. the new CDVD must be shown @CeBIT, right ?

Yeah, this is also my opinion, I have great consideration of Elby’s team.

Cheers, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ET

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]It won’t :

1. a promise’s a promise.
  2. the new CDVD must be shown @CeBIT, right ? [/B]

not really a upgrade is what i meant,
but i meant that u can use the same key bought from Elby to register CloneDVD 2 SP

To be clear on somthing, my question is “If you have a registered copy of CDVD and CDVD2 is also showing as registered, will it still expire in 30days”? Reason for my silly question, I may be moving soon, and not sure of dates I will be offline to grab the new CDVD2, I really dont wanna go back to the CDVD(but if I must then I must)…

FYI, If you uninstall CloneDVD (1.3.11.2) and tell it to remove your registration information from the registry than it will also remove your registration information from CloneDVD 2 (1.9.2.4) so both versions check each others directories. Both of my CloneDVD versions were registered with the license that I purchased for the first CloneDVD as mentioned by t111645.

So to answer HAMP’s question, the answer is no! I have tested it and CloneDVD 2 does not expire after 30 days if you have a registered version of CloneDVD.

MadBurner

So I quess the final CloneDVD 2 will be out in a the next few days.

Probably yes, CEBIT at Hannover is from March 18 to March 24. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers, ET.

Originally posted by Vanderlow
So I quess the final CloneDVD 2 will be out in a the next few days.