Question for cd freak about lite-on LTR-52246s

i have been reading your forum and wondered if there is any thing i can do for my burner like flashing the bios to the next model up bios. i have been at marine school for the last year and someone told me you can overclock these things to 72x i haven’t found anything on the web but i was wondering if flashing my bois to the next model up could improve my speed. thank you for you help i will awiat your reply.

No, there is no higher model that you can flash your drive to. There’s no such thing as a 72x CD writer. 52x is the fastest CD-R write speed available in Lite-ON drives.

but the LTR-52327S improves the rw speed on that firmware witch is the fastest model they make would flshing the bios to this firmwae imrove the speed any

the 52327S and 52246S are physically different drives, so flashing between their firmwares isn’t possible (at least not to produce functional drives).

would improving my cache for the drive help? and if so what program should i use.

Originally posted by Azriall082082
would improving my cache for the drive help? and if so what program should i use.

You cannot upgrade the 2MB buffer that is in the drive.

Also, CD-ROM cache programs are pretty useless if you use Windows 2K/Xp.