Question About Software

vbimport

I would like to try Ideal Software’s software – certainly looks promising with excellent customer support, however, is there any reason to purchase this software if you are already a lifetime user of DVDFab & AnyDVDHD? I like to support smaller developers, however, I need justification to spend another $100 to backup my DVD’s/BluRays. Thank you!

[QUOTE=Love_Renee;2683853]I would like to try Ideal Software’s software – certainly looks promising with excellent customer support, however, is there any reason to purchase this software if you are already a lifetime user of DVDFab & AnyDVDHD? I like to support smaller developers, however, I need justification to spend another $100 to backup my DVD’s/BluRays. Thank you![/QUOTE]I can Justify spending $100.00 on the package easily and I own dvdfab also as well as Anydvd.

1. simple and the programs work every time and the best Customer support I have dealt with considering the company is small and the owner does everything possible to help out the customer above and beyond the call of duty.:slight_smile:

try them out a free ten day trial no restirctions no water marks either Like dvdfab does.

Generally speaking, in your experience, how quickly is a new protection defeated (BR)? I.e., if I purchase a new BluRay that has just been relaeased and it has new protection on it – how quick is there an update? Does it work with Cinavia titles? Thank you.

[QUOTE=xorsists;2683865]I can Justify spending $100.00 on the package easily and I own dvdfab also as well as Anydvd.

1. simple and the programs work every time and the best Customer support I have dealt with considering the company is small and the owner does everything possible to help out the customer above and beyond the call of duty.:slight_smile:

try them out a free ten day trial no restirctions no water marks either Like dvdfab does.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Love_Renee;2683909]Generally speaking, in your experience, how quickly is a new protection defeated (BR)? I.e., if I purchase a new BluRay that has just been relaeased and it has new protection on it – how quick is there an update? Does it work with Cinavia titles? Thank you.[/QUOTE]Many times the BR has already been taken care of before the movie hits the stores.
Time to fix a BR release a day or two at most the company usually has the protections broken before they go retail.

[QUOTE=Love_Renee;2683909]Generally speaking, in your experience, how quickly is a new protection defeated (BR)? I.e., if I purchase a new BluRay that has just been relaeased and it has new protection on it – how quick is there an update? Does it work with Cinavia titles? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

There’s no one that has updates as fast as these guys and as xorsists says they’re normally fixed before they’re even released.

With regard to Cinavia there’s no properly working solution at the moment.

The Blu-ray version wasn’t released when this was written but check out our review of Ideal DVD Copy here and this will give you a flavour of what this company is all about.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thank you both. I’m trying to backup a BR that with Ideal lists multiple titles (main movie has multiple entries, all with the same length, however, different title numbers). With DVDFab 9, it preselects which title is best to rip. With Ideal, how do I know which one is the correct one? AnyDVD doesn’t list which title to rip either like with Expendables 2,

[QUOTE=Wombler;2683955]There’s no one that has updates as fast as these guys and as xorsists says they’re normally fixed before they’re even released.

With regard to Cinavia there’s no properly working solution at the moment.

The Blu-ray version wasn’t released when this was written but check out our review of Ideal DVD Copy here and this will give you a flavour of what this company is all about.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Love_Renee;2683956]Thank you both. I’m trying to backup a BR that with Ideal lists multiple titles (main movie has multiple entries, all with the same length, however, different title numbers). With DVDFab 9, it preselects which title is best to rip. With Ideal, how do I know which one is the correct one? AnyDVD doesn’t list which title to rip either like with Expendables 2,[/QUOTE]

I haven’t used the Blu-ray version yet but I know it selects the best title by default and also gives you the option to override this if you choose.

Check out the screen dumps and guide here.

[B]Wombler[/B]