Question about Securom

vbimport

Hi there...first post here so I hope you can bear with me :wink:

I was just wondering what is the latest Securom version and if it's possible to back it up without emulation?

Thx! :slight_smile:

The latest version is 5.xxxxx

To copy version 4.85+ you needed to have a Plextor Premium with Blindwrite 5.

SecuROM 5 is very new and only a few games have it at present. Unfortunatly I can’t find a thread on this at the moment and not having any games to have tried it out yet I can’t give you any specifics on it at the moment.

Thanks for the info Womble. :slight_smile:

So even with the A120/CCD, BWA and Twinpeaks method, it still won’t work without emulation?? :frowning:

Oh well…at least from what I’ve read recently it looks like you can still make a working backup with A120 using RMPS emulation…

Oh just have other question…does the Plex Premium have problems backing up other protections such as Safedisc 2/3?

The best answer to your nest question is, Yes and No. There are a number of threads in the Recording Software Forum regarding this.

The best answer that I can give at the moment is that some drives are capable of copying Safedisc 2 versions and some have failed to copy it.

I am not sure if there are specific versions of the drive that can do it or if it is just pot luck.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]The best answer to your nest question is, Yes and No. There are a number of threads in the Recording Software Forum regarding this.

The best answer that I can give at the moment is that some drives are capable of copying Safedisc 2 versions and some have failed to copy it.

I am not sure if there are specific versions of the drive that can do it or if it is just pot luck. [/B]

Hhhmm…I’m located in Canada and I’ve come across some posts here saying that most Plex Premiums in Canada don’t seem to be able to do SD 2/3…that’s too bad…I guess I’ll have to live with RMPS emulation for now…

Known safedisc killers are the Lite-On and Asus 52x drives. These are goods drives and are only £30-£40 in the UK unlike the Premium which is closer to £150.

These days is seems all three drives are needed to copy all of the protections.

A a final point is that alot of people feel they will only be able to copy new protections with emulation in the near future. Only time will tell I suppose.

Currently, I mainly use LG drives as I am in Canada and they have never failed me yet with SD 2.8/2.9…most of the more recent LG’s are 2 sheep burners anyway…

However, I may pickup an Asus drive next…was considering Litey, but I read in a couple of posts that some people were experiencing problems with the 52x writer…

I agree with your final point…I remember reading a post from Futureproof that this may be even more evident with DVD’s as there is no RAW reading (and/or writing?) of DVD discs…