Question about +RW media

vbimport

Hello, my main question is what brand/media id has the best quality to price ratio in your opinion. I see rw’s ranging from well less than $2 up beyond the $3 range. On newegg I found a Sony DVD+RW 5 pack that has free shipping and totals $7. Does anyone have any info about their quality/compatibility with the LiteOn 3S series?
Thanks.

I have seen many threads that talk about media id’s that are considered good, but how can I tell what a certain brand uses without physically having the disc to scan it? If there is a key or chart that shows the media manufacturers that the mainstream brands use, please link me :slight_smile:

@ saint327
This is a pretty good place. just type in the fields you know and it will search for you. I came up with 4 sony dvd+rw, but the newest responses were for MID ‘SONY S11’ and it got good reviews. You could try a search around here or the media forum to get more info.

I have had very good luck with my Liteon and Ritek +RW 4X from Newegg.com. They are very cheap and have always had a Ricoh W11 code. Others have had the same good results on other burners.

Thats a great site, thanks! :slight_smile: It appears that the 5 pack of Sony’s might be Ricoh, and according to the LiteOn guide, Ricoh’s are good:)

Watch for CompUSA’s sale of Memorex 2.4x DVD+RW 25 pk for $9.99.
Picked one up last week (Infodisc A01) and it burns well in the 1633S.
They’ve gone on sale twice in the past month.

Infodisc +RW burn terribly in my 812s (832s firmware). Maybe the 3s drives are better able to write those, but I wouldn’t trust it.

Got some Verbatim (MKM) 4x DVD+RW’s from RadioShack that have been really good so far. Not a great price, but I only needed 3 anyway.

Infodisc +RW burn terribly in my 812s (832s firmware). Maybe the 3s drives are better able to write those, but I wouldn’t trust it.

I don’t get it. I got a ten pack of Legacy 4X DVD+RW from newegg which are INFODISCA10 and they were the only brand I could find that burnt very well in my 812S. By the way, at eight bucks a ten pack they’re also some of the cheapest. I’m still using them in my BenQ 1620 and they still work very well.