Question about PS2 back-up games

I have a orginal ps2, not the slim. In the past I owned a slim, but I just bought a used original a few months ago. A couple years ago, I tried burning iso files of back-up PS2 games to a DVD-R, but it did not work. I even tried copying Swap Magic and other start up progams, but the same error message would pop up. I recently searched “PS2 ISO” on a torrent search site, and found over 100 results for back-up PS2 image files. I am currently downloading the iso back-up copy of Guitar Hero:World Tour and it will be done downloading in a couple of hours. The file is 4.36GB in size and in the comments for this download, it says that all you have to do is extract it to a DVD-R using any image recorder device. It also said that their is 2 types of encoding. NTSC & PAL. This copy is NTSC (English). I am very sceptical from what has happened in the past, and I’m deciding wheter or not to waste a DVD-R on something that probably won’t work. I just want to know if anybody has sucessfully played a back-up PS2 game, without using any form of modding or start-up programs? If so, I would like to know your method. I don’t have any problem purchasing this game, but I already owned it. The game was destroyed when I gave it to a friend to borrow. I just don’t feel like rebuying it since i beat it a couple of times already.

[QUOTE=TylrDawg18;2305658] I don’t have any problem purchasing this game, but I already owned it. The game was destroyed when I gave it to a friend to borrow. I just don’t feel like rebuying it since i beat it a couple of times already.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether you did have the game at one point or another downloading a copy of it is still illegal and we cannot help with that. I suggest that if your friend destroyed your original then get them to buy you a new copy, I would.

Thread closed.