Question about price

vbimport

I see all over the internet that Anydvd is shareware and costs $39. If you look on the Slysoft page, it is listed in Euros which actually comes to closer to $61 even after the 20% off promotion. Am I missing something or is the $39 price and “shareware” description not accurate?

The price used to be in USD but due to the value of the american dollar declining in value they switched to Euros recently so no there is deception.

[QUOTE=koelika;2045998]I see all over the internet that Anydvd is shareware and costs $39. If you look on the Slysoft page, it is listed in Euros which actually comes to closer to $61 even after the 20% off promotion. Am I missing something or is the $39 price and “shareware” description not accurate?[/QUOTE]

The problem is that where you read about the price [I]“all over the internet”[/I] have yet to change the way they list the price. It is no longer [B]39[/B] [I]USD[/I]. In fact, the price went from [B]39[/B] [I]USD[/I] to [B]49[/B] [I]USD[/I] sometime in early [I]2007[/I] if my memory is correct. On [I]January 1st, 2008[/I] they switched to the [I]Euro[/I] so the price went from [B]49[/B] [I]USD[/I] to €[B]49[/B] ([I]Euro[/I]) and this change was preceeded by a notice by Slysoft about 4 weeks before it happened.

In the end, Slysoft is not being deceptive or inaccurate. The other websites discussing the price haven’t updated the actual price or you are looking at older discussions about the product.

Thanks. I originally read about the $39 shareware price at www.majorgeeks.com which is where I found the link to download my trial copy of anydvd. I was suprised when I went to Slysoft and found it to be significantly more. I also saw a few other places that also said $39 (which may have been outdated) and thought maybe I was missing something. If that’s the price, that’s the price. It’s probably still worth it. I just didn’t want to pay more than I had to.

No problem I see the issue they state the software is for 39.00 and it doesn’t state USD or Euro either.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/AnyDVD_HD_d4920.html

[QUOTE=koelika;2046245]Thanks. I originally read about the $39 shareware price at www.majorgeeks.com which is where I found the link to download my trial copy of anydvd. I was suprised when I went to Slysoft and found it to be significantly more. I also saw a few other places that also said $39 (which may have been outdated) and thought maybe I was missing something. If that’s the price, that’s the price. It’s probably still worth it. I just didn’t want to pay more than I had to.[/QUOTE]

Unforuntately, it seems many many sites haven’t updated the pricing. :frowning:

Definitely check out the trial version and if it fits your needs and you feel it’s worth the money then purchase it. [U]Slysoft[/U] offers sales fairly regularly around holidays but I can’t say for sure when they’ll happen. The current 20% off discount is valid through [I]May 4th[/I].