Question about my burner and EFM

vbimport

My burner is an cr-48xate 32/12/40 cr-rw unit and its a "noo sheep burner after the clone cd page, that means that he canot write corect EFM paterns !

First question :

If my burner canot do corect efm encoding , then why i could backup my c&c generals game that is an safedisk 2.6 game , using alcohol 120% with safedisk 2 setings , and the game detects the copy as the original not only in my computer but also in my friends computers who dont have alcohol or a cd-rw unit ?

Second question :

Lately i tried to backup MAFIA game that is an safedisk 2.7 game and the copy would only play in my cd-rw unit but not in the cdrom witch is an asus 52x ?

Someone maibe could explayn in detail what the burner do with the efm ?

I used truman tool to see the diference between the original cd and the copy and i see diferences in the subchanel data whel comparing sektor by sektor !

Please i need some more info on how the efm works !

@Truman :
I dont know what is the problem but when i try to wrire an image with your tool i get an error message right after the burning begins that says “burner is busy” and it stops by creating a coaster ! I use the aspi 4.70 from adaptec !

Anyway, good look man since your tool can do inimaginable things !

Originally posted by death-heaven
[B]My burner is an cr-48xate 32/12/40 cr-rw unit and its a "noo sheep burner after the clone cd page, that means that he canot write corect EFM paterns !

First question :

If my burner canot do corect efm encoding , then why i could backup my c&c generals game that is an safedisk 2.6 game , using alcohol 120% with safedisk 2 setings , and the game detects the copy as the original not only in my computer but also in my friends computers who dont have alcohol or a cd-rw unit ?
[/B]

if your burner could do correct efm encoding - it could burn c&c generals without any real settings at all. im not familiar with alcohol 120%, but i’ll wager that safedisc 2 settings do something like Amplify Weak Sectors that clonecd uses.

also - you may want to check the name / code of that burner. i doubt thats right. there are too many numbers there.

the burner is corect MITSUMI CR-48XATE 32/12/40
and after the clono cd website it is a burner that does not write corect efm paterns

i read somewere tht when you dont have an efm capable burner you could try with the “amplyfy weak sectork” and If you get lucky you could get an corect copy but thats only a question of luck with no efm burners !

Someone maibe could explayn in detail what the burner do with the efm

EFM
Long EFM discussion
another weak sector discussion

Cmon its not possible i could backup c&c generals 100% working
witch is a game that sd 2.8 and i canot backup mafia witch is a sd 2.7 game WHY WHY WHY

cmon someone can explain this please HOW ITS POSSIBLE ???

the mafia copy works only in the burner !!!

And dont forget that my burner is a “noo sheep” burner

Could it be that you have the Weak sector option set to emulate in Alcohol? Don’t ask me how to check, I don’t have a copy of that particular software installed.