Question about LiteOn DVDRW SOHW-832S Firmware

vbimport

Hi,

I am curious if there is flash available that will allow my SOHW-832S to read DVD RAM discs? My writer currently works flawlessly but I would like the added ability to read DVD RAM without having to buy another DVD writer.

I downloaded a firmware update form LiteOn that was released 2/4/05, but its description is very vague. It only says “Match more media”.

Before I flash my DVD writer, I’d like to know if this is going to give me the functionality I desire. Any help or other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I am curious if there is flash available that will allow my SOHW-832S to read DVD RAM discs?

No

Thanks Mr. Brownstone.

Now when you say no, do you mean “No, it can’t be done” or just “No, there isn’t a flash available”.

Thanks in advance for your help.

you’d have to ask the codeguys that question but i would bet my right nut that even if it were hardware possible (which im 99% sure it isnt) LiteOn wouldnt release any sort of FW allowing it, you can pick up Ram capable DVD-ROM drives pretty cheap.

This is problem related to MediaTek chips used in Liteon Drive. I think there is no hope to support DVD-RAM (unless you modify the hardware. )