Question about liteon 48125W

vbimport

I have a Memorex 40MAXX1248 updated to liteon 48125W
I have several questions :
- do verbatim cd-r well work on liteon ? I have 24x verbatim, safe-burn set it to 32X, but nero cdspeed reports C2 errors (about 4% with VS02, and 0.07% with VS04)
- Why can the burner read ATIP on burned cd-r ? I have a YAMAHA CRW2200E which can't read ATIP once I burn the CD, it is better (no need for hide cd-r media)
- Why is the liteon very slow at FES with CloneCD and why does it not support software FES (it would be faster) ? Moreover, after FES, the burner spins up, but the speed in CloneCD is limited to 15% (the led on burner blinks)
- Why is CloneCD faster with FES enabled than with FES auto ?
- Why is liteon slower in FES with cd-r whereas yamaha is faster ?

I have a Memorex 40MAXX1248 updated to liteon 48125W
I have several questions :

• do verbatim cd-r well work on liteon ? I have 24x verbatim, safe-burn set it to 32X, but nero cdspeed reports C2 errors (about 4% with VS02, and 0.07% with VS04)

Verbatim datalifeplus works bad with Lite-On’s faster than 32X

• Why can the burner read ATIP on burned cd-r ? I have a YAMAHA CRW2200E which can’t read ATIP once I burn the CD, it is better (no need for hide cd-r media)

-Sure about the Yamaha as all writers I’ve used reads the ATIP even if the disc is written.

• Why is the liteon very slow at FES with CloneCD and why does it not support software FES (it would be faster) ? Moreover, after FES, the burner spins up, but the speed in CloneCD is limited to 15% (the led on burner blinks)

VERY few drives supports software FES. One of the best and most recommended brand of readers for CloneCD also only use hardware: Toshiba. Slow? Lite-On is a verage compared to others, slower than some but faster than others.

• Why is CloneCD faster with FES enabled than with FES auto ?

Since FES is not enabled before after 3 bad sectors in a row when set to auto…

• Why is liteon slower in FES with cd-r whereas yamaha is faster ?

Some drives is faster with FES with some protection, Yamaha is faster for SD/SD2 while Lite-On is faster for Laserlock.

>Verbatim datalifeplus works bad with Lite-On’s faster than 32X
Does VS06 helps ? I have less errors with VS04 than VS02.
Should I set the burner to 24X for verbatim ?

I’m sure that my yamaha don’t read ATIP from burned cd-r

FES is slower in automatic : on SD2 original CD in the range of defective sectors :
about 0.8X with FES enabled
about 0.4X with FES auto (after CloneCD activates it)
And it’s strange that after the defective sectors, the liteon spins up but CloneCD reports a speed of 15X (the led blinks, so the reading is not continuous)

FES is slow compared to my yamaha in CloneCD : about 4X with FES auto, about 10X with FES enabled, more with CD-R

VS06 don’t help
Even at 24X the cd has as many errors.
Does liteon know the problem ? 24X certified cd-r should be written at 24X with no problem