Question about inkjet printable dvds...silver dvd+r doesn't exist!

vbimport

I’m new here so maybe this has been discussed. I have this great new r300 dvd printer and lots of silver inkjet printable dvd-r’s.

I just spent an hour looking for silver dvd+r all over the Internet…and the suppliers tell me they don’t exist. Only white printable for dvd+r. Why’s that?I think the silver looks a lot better printed than anything I’ve tried on white labels.

Anyone know why there are no silver inkjet printable dvd+r on the planet?

Two months ago, the printable media choice was way better with -R. Now it’s almost equal (in good web stores).
I think it will come soon.
Anywaym, the choice is not very good. Beside Prodisc, who makes them?

Imation used to make silver 4x +R media but I think they have discontinued it. Hard to find and very pricey. I’ve never purchased from these guys but I ran across them when I was looking for silver +R media.

Thanks…from looking around, it seems the Imation #17462 (8x) are available in a bunch of places. They appear to be the only silver printable dvd+r so far. Guess I’ll try them.

Now, if someone could invent a shiny silver dvd that could hold inkjet printing, I’d be real happy. Or if thermal color printers come down to the price of an R300, that would be ok too.

http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/cgi-bin2/details.pl?id=mpor1IJPsl