Question about How I am backing up Episodes

hey guys… this is how im backing up Episodic DVDS and im wondering a question…

generally DVDS have 4 episodes per each disk… sometimes the if i do a full copy DVD2One does a decent job, but sometimes its not that great…

so here is what i do… i saw it in a guide somewhere… (forgot the link)

1. I use DVD2ONE and do a “movie only” copy… from hjere it lists the 4 different episodes… (since at this time dvd2one does not let you select more than one “movie”) I select each episode one at a time (and these episdoes by themselves im assuming that one episode is less than 4.3 gb of space maybe 3 gb MAX)

2. so after ive done all that I have 4 different VOB ID’s seperated in folders like episode1 episode 2 episode 3 episode 4…

3. with a little VOB Edit and IFO edit here and there.,. i have it seperated with episodes 1-2 together and then 3-4 together…

and obviously the 2 episodes are a little bit less or maybe a little bit OVER the 4.3 GB limit… if its less I just burn it… if its more i dvd2one it and then burn it… (in which case im wondering if I am compressing it twice)

(again this is a quick version of what i do)

anyway my questiono is this…

when i use DVD2One to seperate the episodes (one at a time) does DVD2one Compress the episode? or does dvd2one see that the ONE episode is less than 4.3 gb and just seperates it out?

mainly the question is for when/if I decide i just want to backup ONE episiode… since it is more likely that one episode is not going to be 4.3 GB… i would like the full episode without any compression, and DVD2ONE seems to be the only thing i can find that can seperate the episodes the easiest…

am i confusing yall?

ok simply put…

if im seperating an episodic DVD disk does DVD 2ONe realize that the one episode doesnt need to be compressed and just seperates it ? or it compresses it ?

im sorry if im confusing anyone :frowning:

heheh :slight_smile: any answers would be greatly appreciated.

If what you select in DVD2One - program chain (e.g. Episode 2/4) audio and subs is under 4.38Gb, then yes all it does is seperate it out.

Put another way

It only compresses if it has to!

awesome thank you !

i didnt think anyone was going to reply heh